Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Didacus

Abortion Ban in Alabama

Recommended Posts

Didacus

Abortion banned in all circumstances in Alabama.

It would seem the prolife movement is gaining serious ground in the States lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BarbaraTherese

I think that conversation needs to take place too to what happens if a raped woman or a victim of incest becomes pregnant and must bear the child against her will, what then happens to the child?

I can't imagine much worse for a child than being parented by a mother for example that does not want him or her.

Can the child be put up for adoption and what is the feeling of those seeking to adopt a child to adopt a baby that is the result of rape or incest?  Are adopting parents told of their proposed baby's origins? What is the psychological affect on a child that discovers eventually it is the result of rape or incest?  And that his or her mother did not want him or her?

These types of conversations are important too and must take place.  I think such questions are all intrinsic to being for life or pro life.
 

Edited by BarbaraTherese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilllabettt
19 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

I think that conversation needs to take place too to what happens if a raped woman or a victim of incest becomes pregnant and must bear the child against her will, what then happens to the child?

I can't imagine much worse for a child than being parented by a mother for example that does not want him or her.

Can the child be put up for adoption and what is the feeling of those seeking to adopt a child to adopt a baby that is the result of rape or incest?  Are adopting parents told of their proposed baby's origins? What is the psychological affect on a child that discovers eventually it is the result of rape or incest?  And that his or her mother did not want him or her?

These types of conversations are important too and must take place.  I think such questions are all intrinsic to being for life or pro life.
 

In the US there is a nationwide waitlist to adopt babies. Some families wait years to be chosen. The average cost is $40,000. Even babies born addicted to drugs are quickly adopted. The myth of "unwanted babies" is a horrible lie. The wait for infant adoption in Australia, UK and Canada is even longer than in the US. There are NO unwanted babies.

Being conceived as the product of rape is not without adjustment difficulty, but believe it or not there are many such people alive today who are glad they werent killed in utero. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BarbaraTherese

It is very hard to know for sure as information can be insufficient I think.  I do think it is a whole realistic and hopefully unemotional conversation that needs to take place in  conjunction with pro life and in the very real interests of the child.   I am a foster mother and I know how difficult life has been and is for my foster son now in his mid fifties.  We fostered him at 8 years old.  We wanted to adopt, but he decided he wanted connection to his birth family.

"Understanding adoption" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2804559/ (a child's perspective and problems)

Adoption Overview Aust. Institute of Health and Welfare: https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports-data/health-welfare-services/adoptions/overview   This is a quite reliable site with lots of reliable information insofar as Australia is concerned in the main.

"There has been a 57% decline in adoptions since 1993–94"  (release date for the above website is December 2018). 

https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/adoptions/adoptions-australia-2017-18 "330 adoptions were finalised in 2017/2018 an increase of 5% from 2016/2017"

https://www.aihw.gov.au/news-media/media-releases/2017/december/adoption-numbers-up-with-more-foster-parents-adop

https://theconversation.com/explainer-how-hard-is-it-to-adopt-in-australia-92826

Edited by BarbaraTherese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BarbaraTherese

Of course too, statistics can be made to say anything one likes almost.

For example, one website I read stated that there are no unwanted babies due to abortion.   But that is actually outside the terms of the conversation that I am hoping will take place, if not here on Phatmass then as a seed in the wind, and that is the affect on children raised outside their birth family/parent(s) for various reasons.  I do hold that such a conversation is within the terms of being for life, pro life.

My foster son is now in his fifties and what I am wondering is if, nowadays for example, there are free services available for foster or adoptive parents to be instructed in raising a fostered or adopted child along with assistance in related problems. Services to help such parents be aware of the likely problems their child might experience and how to help their child through their difficulties.   Adopting a child is perhaps the easiest first step only.

When I was raising my foster son, there was nothing available really.  There was of course psychology and psychiatry, therapies of various kinds - and all were costly and not as aware of actual and likely problems 45 years ago as we are now.

In my book this is all within the terms of pro life, all about being for life/lives created by God.  I am hoping such conversations are taking place and that there are such services, that I am simply unaware of them.

 

Edited by BarbaraTherese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
little2add

With “Same sex marriage, abortion on demand, availability of the morning after pill (RU486)”, is it any wonder that The U.S. birthrate fell again in 2018, It's the lowest number of births in 32 years, according to a new federal report.

The numbers also sank the U.S. fertility rate to a record low.

It is the birthrate is a barometer of despair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilllabettt
4 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

Of course too, statistics can be made to say anything one likes almost.

For example, one website I read stated that there are no unwanted babies due to abortion.   But that is actually outside the terms of the conversation that I am hoping will take place, if not here on Phatmass then as a seed in the wind, and that is the affect on children raised outside their birth family/parent(s) for various reasons.  I do hold that such a conversation is within the terms of being for life, pro life.

My foster son is now in his fifties and what I am wondering is if, nowadays for example, there are free services available for foster or adoptive parents to be instructed in raising a fostered or adopted child along with assistance in related problems. Services to help such parents be aware of the likely problems their child might experience and how to help their child through their difficulties.   Adopting a child is perhaps the easiest first step only.

When I was raising my foster son, there was nothing available really.  There was of course psychology and psychiatry, therapies of various kinds - and all were costly and not as aware of actual and likely problems 45 years ago as we are now.

In my book this is all within the terms of pro life, all about being for life/lives created by God.  I am hoping such conversations are taking place and that there are such services, that I am simply unaware of them.

 

 

When someone expresses concern that because abortion is restricted there may be more kids that end up in foster care - what they are really saying is that it's better for kids to be aborted than end up in foster care. It's another way of sending foster kids the message that they are better off dead.  Its a cruel, offensive, and thoughtless message.  The conversation about the need to improve foster care has zero 0% to do with the conversation about abolishing legal human abortion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Didacus

Adoption in Canada is also very difficult and expensive.  I have a sister who adopted two girls - she went to China because of length of wait time and less cost.

There certainly can be improvements in the adoption process in Canada however there is CERTAINLY NOT a shortage of parents looking to adopt.  'Unwanted babies' is a pure myth.

 

Support for parents seeking to adopt should be offered, especially monetarily.  Government funding should help.  ( if the US finds planned parenthood so much why wouldn't they fund just as much the adoption agencies?)

4 hours ago, little2add said:

With “Same sex marriage, abortion on demand, availability of the morning after pill (RU486)”, is it any wonder that The U.S. birthrate fell again in 2018, It's the lowest number of births in 32 years, according to a new federal report.

The numbers also sank the U.S. fertility rate to a record low.

It is the birthrate is a barometer of despair

Was it not JP the Great who coined the term 'Culture of death'.

The papa had it right on the nail with that one...!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
little2add

05/16/19

 

Missouri just passed a bill banning abortions after eight weeks of pregnancy

The Missouri House just passed restrictive abortion bill prohibiting abortions after eight weeks of pregnancy -- after a heartbeat is detected -- though many women often don't know they're pregnant in that time. 

The bill includes exceptions for medical emergencies but not for pregnancies that are the result of rape or incest.

Missouri's House voted 110-44 in favor of H.B. 128.

The bill will now head to Governor Mike Parson’s desk, he is expected to sign the bill in about a week, according to Governor Parson’s spokesperson.

 

the Democrats are loosing there minds over this! 

:lol3:      :lol2:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GraceUk

Unlike the UK whose abortion laws are shameful. Abortion allowed very late for no reason at all it would seem.  Except woman changed her mind about having a child.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...