An Old School Catholic Message Board

Tornado in Jefferson City Missouri

justtrying

justtrying

I just discovered that the Carmelite Monastery  in Jefferson City Missouri is now the building for Catholic Charities in the diocese. I was checking on google to see if there was damage from the recent tornado and in satellite view saw that the monastery is labeled on google as Catholic Charities. It looks like the Carmelite cemetery is still left there. How would one go about finding which graves were there? I knew many of the nuns, including Mother Therese Dubois who apparently moved with two of the nuns to the Benedictines in Clyde Missouri. The foundress was Mother Teresa of Jesus who founded the Santa Fe and Albuquerque Carmels as well as Jefferson City after fleeing Mexico as a young nun during the persecution of the Church under Calles. 

I'd write to (or e-mail) the Benedictines of Perpetual Adoration and ask them to put you in touch with the Carmelites. Then correspond directly with them.  

justtrying

I was mostly interested in finding the names of the Carmelite Nuns buried in the cemetery. I came across another article in the Jefferson City diocesan newspaper  from 2016 saying that the Carmelites were moving back to Jefferson city and in a recent listing they seem to be listed as a corporation.