An Old School Catholic Message Board

Skuba Steve Plz Read.

ironmonk

"There can be only one Truth.

If I am wrong, correct me, that is how we come closer to Christ.

If one is to correct someone, they must present facts...

You have part of the Truth... why don't you want the whole Truth about Christ and His Church?

Open your heart to Christ, and learn the full Truth.

Those who love Christ, love the truth, and will seek out the truth, even if it goes against what they were first taught.

Examine what is here, get the facts, then make a choice."

What I mean by bashing....

No matter what I say, not matter what we are talking about... ironmonk and others always feel the need to tell me that what I believe in is wrong...or that i only "have part of the truth" or that i am decieved or that i need to make a choice.

This is never what I ask...it's like their default repsonse to everything is always "we are right, you are wrong"

If i wanted to know if i was wrong, i would ask you but to be honest i don't respect you enough to accept any kind of value judgments on religion or on myself.

Many of my posts don't even ask for any type of response... they are just statements of how i feel... i haven't claimed to know everything. I rarely make statements about what you believe in... they are usually based on your attitudes or the way you treat people or they are simply my opinion... i don't expect people to believe everything i say... what you believe is between you and God... but you insist in continually smashing down everything i say and dictating to me what i must believe in.

I don't care what you want me to believe.... I have enough faith in God to know that he will take care of that side of things...

I have enough faith in the God who continuously speaks to me and guides me and makes me laugh and cry and who motivates me and inspires me to live my life ina way that pleases him.

I don't need to be told what to believe.

So don't tell me what I have to believe...

don't you have enough faith in God to reveal that to me??? Or do you feel that it all depends on you...

everytime you do this, i just get less and less interested in what you have to say...

i see people that try to force things apon me with their own might and leave no room for the Holy Spirit to minister to me.....

I see people with no faith in their own beliefs

and i lose respect for them..

im just being honest... please make an effort to understand me, stop and think about it and why i feel this way before you get offended or think that i am just trying to insult you.

Don't be so blind to the fact that people will and have a right to think different to you.

And repond to it with reason and an understanding of why i feel this way.

thanks

Steve, please read this post.

The reason why most of us are rather "edgy" time to time, is that you tend to put down misconceptions about the Catholic Church.  Let me try and put it into an example...

What if I came up to you, and said "You believe Satan is Jesus, and Jesus is a homosexual!", you would go bonkers!!!

...what you're doing (if it be out of ignorance or deliberate) is saying things that the Catholic Church doesn't teach or believe!  I think somewhere in the phorum, you claimed that the Catholic Church believed in "Works only get you to heaven".  That's a lie.

We're pretty much tolerating what you believe in.  However, we will not tolerate those who proclaim false things that the Catholic Church teaches or believes.

So to put in two small words...

GROW UP

I hope you read this post Skuba.

This is never what I ask...it's like their default repsonse to everything is always "we are right, you are wrong"

Actually, that isn't the entire "default" response. For Iron, usually it is "we are right, you are wring, AND here is WHY".

The important part is the "AND here is why". But you refuse to read the WHY because it is a waste of time for you. For others it is "too long", or other cop out excuses.

If the posts are too long, then print them out and read them later. But it, for Iron anyway, is NEVER just "we are right, you are wrong". He ALWAYS has SCRIPTURE (for those who love scripture) and historical writings, etc. to back up his claim!

I believe it is a direct attack by Satan that Skuba and others are "tempted" NOT to read what is posted in it's entirety. Usually that happens when there's something good to be missed.

Skuba, it is a tough thing to smell of elderberries it up and read what you don't want to hear. You've probably been told by some pretty close friends that Catholics "worship" Mary, or whatever. When a lie comes from a close friend, a trusted source, it is genuinly hard to come to grip with the truth, especially when it is from the horses mouth (i.e. Catholics). But I urge you, please, for the sake of Truth, read what Iron posted. It would benefit you greatly!

And just think. Wouldn't it make your argument "stronger" if you were able to quote what Catholics Teach FROM CATHOLIC SOURCES. But that's just it. If you used CATHOLC sources, you wouldn't be able to deny the Truthes.

I hope I didn't come across harsh. It is just my observation.

I think that it is ONLY fair for one to respond if they read the entire post of the one being responded too.

i challenge you to find a post from me where I have said to you that what I believe in is the ONLY "absolute truth"

I challenge you to find a post from me where i have told you that my church is the only true church

I challenge you to find a post from me that says that you worship mary

i challenge you to find a post from me that says that the catholic church believes that "Works only get you to heaven".

and without putting words in my mouth or quoting me out of context...

i believe in the bible that it says something along the lines of

"do unto others what you would want them to do unto you."

I never asked for Ironmonk to try and prove anything about my church

I never asked him to tell me that what I believed was wrong...

If i wanted to know all that stuff, I would have asked... but i wouldn't ask him, I would ask one of the people here who value me as a person before they make value judgements on myself and my church....

i challenge you to find a post from me where I have said to you that what I believe in is the ONLY "absolute truth"

I challenge you to find a post from me where i have told you that my church is the only true church

I challenge you to find a post from me that says that you worship mary

i challenge you to find a post from me that says that the catholic church believes that "Works only get you to heaven".

and without putting words in my mouth or quoting me out of context...

i believe in the bible that it says something along the lines of

"do unto others what you would want them to do unto you."

I never asked for Ironmonk to try and prove anything about my church

I never asked him to tell me that what I believed was wrong...

If i wanted to know all that stuff, I would have asked... but i wouldn't ask him, I would ask one of the people here who value me as a person before they make value judgements on myself and my church....

You seem to not really have a firm idea of what you believe or why you believe it. Eventually, I'm sure you'll either 1) grow away from your faith--not really caring one way or the other, or 2) have a desire to learn more about your faith.

I pray that it is #2.

But, I am curious about something... Why are you here? :lol:

I don't mean that like you're unwelcome, because you are very welcome here. I'm just curious why you're hanging out on a Catholic message board with a bunch of devout Catholics? lol

Steve, you HAVE said or at least insinuated that we worship Mary, that the Catholic faith is from the devil (maybe not using that exact terminology), and other stuff. Please don't lie and say you didn't do something that you did do. I can link to some of your previous posts, if you want.

Although I don't always agree with Steve's methods... I love him to bits. Why should he grow up... :rolleyes:

I'm only 16, and I just like any ordinary teen (well, a "unique" breed). Yet, I strive for maturity, and I dab in some humor here and there during serious discussions such as these.

One can still stay a child, but have a sense of maturity. If you have read my post, you would understand why he should grow up.

Steve, you HAVE said or at least insinuated that we worship Mary, that the Catholic faith is from the devil (maybe not using that exact terminology), and other stuff. Please don't lie and say you didn't do something that you did do. I can link to some of your previous posts, if you want.

go for it...

You seem to not really have a firm idea of what you believe or why you believe it. Eventually, I'm sure you'll either 1) grow away from your faith--not really caring one way or the other, or 2) have a desire to learn more about your faith.

As God must have given you the Authority to do so, thankyou very much for Judging my faith in God, my intelligence and my convictions.

It's my 21st Birthday today, I thought I'd show you some stuff one of my close friends wrote in a card to me, coz i'm proud of it ... this may help you to judge me further....

"...thanks for putting a different spin on everything; humour, relationships, on loving God & acting on it, on ministry. Everything you do has an approach that I wish I could have sometimes. I see that you go the extra mile for people. You have the biggest heart of anyone I know, things that would seem like a bother to me are nothing to you. Thanks for letting me be myself too, you understand that life isn't always the way it's meant to be, and I know I can share that with you without feeling guilty about it...you have had the most profound influence on my life, and I am sure that God will make you have that same effect on the rest of the world."

but what would he know compared to you?

Do you think that kind of encouragement comes from man??? We'll i guess it certainly couldn't be from God coz he's a pentecostal...

Luk 6:37 "Do not judge others, and God will not judge you; do not condemn others, and God will not condemn you; forgive others, and God will forgive you.

As God must have given you the Authority to do so, thankyou very much for Judging my faith in God, my intelligence and my convictions.

Oh my....I KNOW you didn't just diss dUSt. :o

Uh oh.

cmotherofpirl

go for it...

It's my 21st Birthday today, I thought I'd show you some stuff one of my close friends wrote in a card to me, coz i'm proud of it ... this may help you to judge me further....

"...thanks for putting a different spin on everything; humour, relationships, on loving God & acting on it, on ministry. Everything you do has an approach that I wish I could have sometimes. I see that you go the extra mile for people. You have the biggest heart of anyone I know, things that would seem like a bother to me are nothing to you. Thanks for letting me be myself too, you understand that life isn't always the way it's meant to be, and I know I can share that with you without feeling guilty about it...you have had the most profound influence on my life, and I am sure that God will make you have that same effect on the rest of the world."

but what would he know compared to you?

Do you think that kind of encouragement comes from man??? We'll i guess it certainly couldn't be from God coz he's a pentecostal...

Luk 6:37 "Do not judge others, and God will not judge you; do not condemn others, and God will not condemn you; forgive others, and God will forgive you.

Happy birthday steve :)

cmotherofpirl

Happy birthday steve :)

cmotherofpirl

Luk 6:37  "Do not judge others, and God will not judge you; do not condemn others, and God will not condemn you; forgive others, and God will forgive you.

Steve again , no but has judged you or condemned you etc.

this is a DEBATE board, general conversation takes place on the other boards.

that was a judgement of my faith, my conviction, my intelligence, my integrity, my future...

yes it was...

thanks for birthday wishez