An Old School Catholic Message Board

Skuba Steve Plz Read.

ironmonk

AS a CAtholic, I would tend to think any experience that tried to lead me out of the Church would not be from God, but from the other side.

As a Catholic have you ever experienced a personal encounter with God? Have you ever experienced the remarkable peace available in times of trauma? Have you ever experienced being healed from a terminal illness? Consider these questions carefully before you give Satan the credit for them. Many non-catholics can honestly testify to these experiences.

"As a Catholic have you ever experienced a personal encounter with God?"

Yep.

"Have you ever experienced the remarkable peace available in times of trauma?"

Yep.

"Have you ever experienced being healed from a terminal illness?"

No, but I've never been terminal. I did watch my Godson live through a 6 week coma wherein he was supposed to die. I also watched my Priest give him the Annointing of the Sick before he was survival flighted to another hosptial.

I don't think anyone here would say that these events came from Satan if they were experienced by a non-Catholic. EVERYONE is capable of receiving God's Grace, no matter whether they be Catholic, or even Christian. That is the remarkable power of God's Love, its not reserved for a group of people, but given freely to all.

cmotherofpirl

that was a judgement of my faith, my conviction, my intelligence, my integrity, my future...

yes it was...

No it was an opinion.

cmotherofpirl

As a Catholic have you ever experienced a personal encounter with God? Have you ever experienced the remarkable peace available in times of trauma? Have you ever experienced being healed from a terminal illness? Consider these questions carefully before you give Satan the credit for them. Many non-catholics can honestly testify to these experiences.

Yes to all your questions.

I said anything that would lead you out of the church is not from God. God is a God or order, not confusion.

No it was an opinion.

Cmom is correct steve...

There was no judgment. A judgement has definites. That was an either or statement.

No different than saying something like:

"If steve falls on the ground, he will do one of two things 1) cry and get up, or 2) just get up."

That is not a judgment.

God Bless,

ironmonk

hahahaha

Oh, and that was not bashing, nor judgemental at all.

What I said was that God's grace was for EVERYONE, not Catholic, not any other Christian demonitation.

Thank you oh so much for the laughter though. That made my day just so much brighter.

And I suggest you show a little bit of the love you feel we are not displaying.b