An Old School Catholic Message Board

Skuba Steve Plz Read.

ironmonk

cmotherofpirl

It depends on what I was going to do there.

I have sung in interfaith choirs before, and worked in soup kitchens.

I have been to the nieghbor's pentecostal church, the music was interesting , the light show well done.

It however was not "church" to me, just an interesting evening.

God gave us free will.

God gave us the gift of the holy spirit.

God leads us where he wants us to be.

That's enough for me.

I KNOW Satan's tricks. But I whack him hard with the Sword of the Spirit!

What would you do if God asked you to go and work with a Pentecostal church for a while? Would you go?

Yes, God gave us free will. But he won't force us to use our free will to do what is right. Yes, God leads us where he wants us to be, but we have to let him do so. Just because you end up at a certain place doesn't automatically mean God meant for you to be there.

Do you really know Satan's tricks? If so, you wouldn't sin EVER. None of us recognizes Satan's tricks 100% of the time, and as a result, we sin.

If God asked me to WORK for a Pentecostal Church, that's one thing. But He would NEVER ask me to join one because that would go against His Truth.

I cannot agree with that at all. You have to experience it to believe it I think.

Just because they did all the Catholic things does not mean they know what the Church teaches.

Many people do not pay attention when doing those things and forget many things.

Please... if I am wrong, prove it by getting the following answers from your mother...

What does the Church teach about:

Mary

Salavation

Purgatory

Jesus

The Mass

The Bible

Saints

Eucharist

Calling our Priests "Father"

Forgivness of Sins

Something to consider....

How Old Is Your Church?

If you are a Lutheran, your religion was founded by Martin Luther, an ex-monk of the Catholic Church, in the year 1517.

If you belong to the Church of England, your religion was founded by King Henry VIII in the year 1534, because the Pope would not grant him a divorce with the right to re-marry.

If you are a Presbyterian, your religion was founded by John Knox in Scotland in the year 1560.

If you are a Congregationalist, your religion was originated by Robert Brown in Holland in 1582.

If you are a Baptist, you owe the tenets of your religion to John Smyth, who launched it in Amsterdam in 1605.

If you are of the Dutch Reformed church, you recognize Michaelis Jones as founder, because he originated your religion in New York in 1628.

If you are a Protestant Episcopalian, your religion was an offshoot of the Church of England founded by Samuel Seabury in the American colonies in the 17th century.

If you are a Methodist, your religion was launched by John and Charles Wesley in England in 1744.

If you are a Unitarian, Theophilus Lindley founded your church in London in 1774.

If you are a Mormon (Latter Day Saints), Joseph Smith started your religion in Palmyra, N.Y., in 1829.

If you worship with the Salvation Army, your sect began with William Booth in London in 1865.

If you are a Christian Scientist, you look to 1879 as the year in which your religion was born and to Mrs. Mary Baker Eddy as its founder.

If you belong to one of the religious organizations known as "Church of the Nazarene," "Pentecostal Gospel," "Holiness Church," "Pilgrim Holiness Church," "Jehovah's Witnesses," your religion is one of the hundreds of new sects founded by men within the past one hundred years.

If you are Roman Catholic, you know that your religion was founded in the year 33 by Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and it is still the same Church.

"O God,

I humbly beseech thee to teach me thy true religion,

that leads to everlasting happiness,

through Jesus Christ thy Son, our Lord. Amen."

Please, please, please... I ask in Jesus' name that you get those answers.

God Bless, Love in Christ & Mary

ironmonk

i may read it when i have more time....

you know... when you tell me stuff about your church i do think about it, i reason with it and ask God about it or refer to the bible to see what he thinks about and i ask other people what they think.

when i tell you something about my church, you all jump up and comdemn me and all of my beliefs... i know some of you are more accepting and reasonable than others... but most of you.... ok..... here we go....

actually...

SOME of you

I would place in the same category as a fanatical muslim extremist...

you don't care about anyone that doesn't believe what you do...Jesus said it is the sick that need a doctor... when i go to the doctor he doesn't say

"oh sorry, you're sick. there's nothing i can do for you" His Job is to help sick people, he doesn't have a waiting room full of healthy people... we have been called to be the doctors but it seems that all you care about is yourselves. Open your minds a bit... it doesn't mean you have to accept what other say, it just means you have to try and understand why they say it.... the way you talk...it's like if a priest told you you needed to do a good work and blow up everything you would...

i really feel sorry for those muslims because they did believe that were doing the right thing... they were brought up and taught that that was the right thing to do and nothing would have convinced them otherwise. They believed that they had found the one and only truth.

you see everyone that isn't like you as inferior... kind of like the KKK.

here's a little story... sorry, i don't have a reference, but i can try to find one...people used to believe that blood flowed across our bodies in waves....along came a guy that claimed that blood flood through our body as it has no been scientifically proven it does...

because his views differed from those which were socially accepted at the time... the Catholic Church labelled him a heritic and burnt him at the stake. You're church.

and that's not directed at everyone... you know how u are.

You say you'll read it when you have more time? Steve, that's a royal cop-out, and you know it.

No one has condemned you for your beliefs. No one has mistreated you. It's time for you to get off your high horse. When you've made erroneous statements about the Church, we've corrected you. It's not being mean; it's being loving. Could it be that the arguments we put forth actually made sense to you in some way but you don't want to admit that to yourself or others, so you're playing the victim of persecution by the big bad Catholics?

However, you mistreat us, not to mention God, when you come here and start telling lies about the Church. If you claim to be a Christian, you're surely not acting very Christ-like by doing so.

you just did it again....stop being so fanatical...

and no i don't have time to read it because im at work and should really be working....

...off to work now... ciao

ps.. I love you. ;)

How am I being fanatical? I've just called it like I see it.

But I admit I didn't know you were at work, so I apologize for that.

Steve, I love you too.

Guys,

To use an illustration I head earlier this year, it's like you guys (and others) are on top of 2 mountains yelling at each other, and accomplishing nothing.

Can we come down to the middle ground, base all this on what is common to all of us (out love for Jesus) and try and learn from each other, rather than just yelling and slinging scriptures or traditions as the case may be. Might accomplish a lot more than just getting annoyed at each other.

Steve, please read this post.

The reason why most of us are rather "edgy" time to time, is that you tend to put down misconceptions about the Catholic Church. Let me try and put it into an example...

What if I came up to you, and said "You believe Satan is Jesus, and Jesus is a homosexual!", you would go bonkers!!!

...what you're doing (if it be out of ignorance or deliberate) is saying things that the Catholic Church doesn't teach or believe! I think somewhere in the phorum, you claimed that the Catholic Church believed in "Works only get you to heaven". That's a lie.

We're pretty much tolerating what you believe in. However, we will not tolerate those who proclaim false things that the Catholic Church teaches or believes.

So to put in two small words...

GROW UP

Edited by Paladin D

Can you guys do us a favour and say something like this whenever we mention something we've heard about the catholic church that's not true:

"you know, I don't believe that either. In fact, I don't think anyone here does. That's a common misconception about the catholic church."

No argument. No one getting annoyed. Just clearing up the fact that it's a misconception.

Just because they did all the Catholic things does not mean they know what the Church teaches.

Many people do not pay attention when doing those things and forget many things.

Please... if I am wrong, prove it by getting the following answers from your mother...

What does the Church teach about:

Mary

Salavation

Purgatory

Jesus

The Mass

The Bible

Saints

Eucharist

Calling our Priests "Father"

Forgivness of Sins

Something to consider....

How Old Is Your Church?

If you are a Lutheran, your religion was founded by Martin Luther, an ex-monk of the Catholic Church, in the year 1517.

If you belong to the Church of England, your religion was founded by King Henry VIII in the year 1534, because the Pope would not grant him a divorce with the right to re-marry.

If you are a Presbyterian, your religion was founded by John Knox in Scotland in the year 1560.

If you are a Congregationalist, your religion was originated by Robert Brown in Holland in 1582.

If you are a Baptist, you owe the tenets of your religion to John Smyth, who launched it in Amsterdam in 1605.

If you are of the Dutch Reformed church, you recognize Michaelis Jones as founder, because he originated your religion in New York in 1628.

If you are a Protestant Episcopalian, your religion was an offshoot of the Church of England founded by Samuel Seabury in the American colonies in the 17th century.

If you are a Methodist, your religion was launched by John and Charles Wesley in England in 1744.

If you are a Unitarian, Theophilus Lindley founded your church in London in 1774.

If you are a Mormon (Latter Day Saints), Joseph Smith started your religion in Palmyra, N.Y., in 1829.

If you worship with the Salvation Army, your sect began with William Booth in London in 1865.

If you are a Christian Scientist, you look to 1879 as the year in which your religion was born and to Mrs. Mary Baker Eddy as its founder.

If you belong to one of the religious organizations known as "Church of the Nazarene," "Pentecostal Gospel," "Holiness Church," "Pilgrim Holiness Church," "Jehovah's Witnesses," your religion is one of the hundreds of new sects founded by men within the past one hundred years.

If you are Roman Catholic, you know that your religion was founded in the year 33 by Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and it is still the same Church.

"O God,

I humbly beseech thee to teach me thy true religion,

that leads to everlasting happiness,

through Jesus Christ thy Son, our Lord. Amen."

Please, please, please... I ask in Jesus' name that you get those answers.

God Bless, Love in Christ & Mary

ironmonk

ah, sweet, it's been almost a week since somebody posted the 'how old is your church' thing. it's a good thing too, i was going through withdrawal.

From what I've read on this board, we usually do say something like that.

And... if we don't... uh... why aren't we doing that more often guys?