An Old School Catholic Message Board

Your 4th Of July Experience

Philippe

well i had a sweeeeeet 4th!

we went out to a parking lot to go do fireworks and we had tons of fountians so we lit all those off first and we had piccolo peets (sp?) which we hammered down then we wrapped them in tape and they blew up. we also had m80's and we put them in boxes and watched the boxes blow to shreds and then the beast of all beasts happened. We took those green balls and broke them open to get all the little balls inside out and we filled a water bottle halfway with those balls and then put piccolo peet powder in there then poked a hole in hte cap and put a fuse and then we backed away and lit it and it blew up then all these little balls flew in the air about 40 feet wide and 20 feet wide and lit up the sky. We had 2 and on the 2nd one a cop pulled up on his bike and told us to get in our cars and leave so we did!

it was soo fun!

IcePrincessKRS

We went over to WV (5 minutes away) and bought sparklers and small fire works (the ones that stay on the ground) that are technically illegal in Ohio.... :ph34r: We had a cookout with Matt's sister and her family, including some of her in-laws and a couple of my friends who's family was out of town so "they had no where to go." After eating we played with the sparklers and put off all the fireworks we gor. Then we went and watched the city fireworks display and came home. :) It was a good day.

Edited by IcePrincessKRS

ehhh its way more fun to light your own fireworks then 2 watch fireworks... thats just my opinion though :P

IcePrincessKRS

Watching the city fireworks is a tradition, though. You can't Not watch them! I don't think a year has passed that I haven't gone to some fireworks display or other (for several years my uncle used to put off fireworks--the big kind--in his yard but then one year he almost blew his finger off with a defective fuse so he quit).

My wife and I went to the Filipino Mass, then we went to see Chronicles of Riddick. IIRC, we didn't break a single law...

:P

We went to Bar Harbor, which is 2 hours from where we live. The fireworks were neat, I layed down and looked up and the fireworks were right over me. It was cool. They were over at 10pm. It took us an hour to get out of BH. We got hom at 1am.

Im tired... :sleep:

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='thicke' date='Jul 5 2004, 09:00 AM'] My wife and I went to the Filipino Mass, then we went to see Chronicles of Riddick. IIRC, we didn't break a single law...

:P [/quote]
hehe The sparklers [u][i][b]I[/b][/i][/u] bought for our nieces and nephews we legal, the assortment package of small fireworks that Matt got had a couple illegal items in it (I don't think they were all illegal).

cantstopdancin9

I went to the church barbecue....goooood food....our priests played tug o war with us. It was funny. When they said "boys against girls" all these adults lined up. When they started pulling the rope broke in half.

cmotherofpirl

Fed the neighbors and inlaws, sat around and visited til evening. Instead of going over the hill to the city fireworks, I sat out on the curb and could see the fireworks from all the surrounding communities at once. Every hill within sight had fireworks going off from 9:30 and 10PM,. and I could hear the finale echo from Pittsburgh even after I went in the house and watched their spectatular finale on TV. Theirs are set off from barges off the Point and can be seen from over 10 miles away.