An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Papacy Is Biblical

Dave

I think i'm done debating for a while. It's a little aggrivating talking to the wall. Iron Monk and many of us have posted many proofs that back up our position and it has done nothing. Some people have no eyes for it. Well I just think about how Jesus was rejected and how many had and still have a hard time believing in him. We are rejected because what we teach is to hard to believe for some. Kinda like those who believe in a "Symbolic" view on the Eucharist. Keep telling yourselves its not really Jesus although he said it himself that he is. Literally. Jesus founded one Church, not "CHURCHES" and it's not a Giant bowl of confusion. The heretical Churches are not Equal to the true Church.

Edited by Mc-Just†

mustbenothing

(Mc-Just†) The Authority that the jews had was taken from them and given to Peter and the apostles thats what it was, the scriptures are clear on this.

(Me) The Jews had obviously run astray, as we see that the first century Jewish religious community was apostate. By your argument, then, it would be clear that the authority they passed down to Peter and the apostles is not infallible.

(Mc-Just†) You remember how Jesus promised that the Gates of hell would not prevail agains his church and that the Church will be lead into all truth without error? That's papal Infallibility.

(Me) So "You will win the day," and "I will preserve you in truth" is equivalent to "You will never make even one mistake when the Pope gives an ex cathedra statement of faith and morals"??? This is quite a leap!

(Mc-Just†) Christ promised his church that it will be protected, and it is. Why is it so hard to believe?

(Me) It's not -- you've proven it conclusively. However, you haven't provided any kind of basis for the doctrine of papal infallibility.

(Mc-Just†) The Catholic church is the only church to proclaim it's infallibility and to proclaim that Christ is protecting his Church. Protestant come along bashing us saying their bible is infallible! Ha ha@! Christ didnt say he would be with the Bible he said he would be with the Church!

(Me) And yet, the Sword of the Spirt is the Word of God.

(Mc-Just†) It's a little aggrivating talking to the wall. Iron Monk and many of us have posted many proofs that back up our position and it has done nothing.

(Me) You have established that the Church holds authority, yes -- Sola Scriptura agrees!! The question, however, is whether or not the Church holds infallible authority. You haven't demonstrated that. Therefore, your argumentation is beside-the-point. It's like pointing to John 1, and saying, "Look, Jesus was God, Jesus was God!" Sure, I agree with that. But how does is settle our disagreements?

Edited by mustbenothing