An Old School Catholic Message Board

Question About What The Fruitcake Said..

CatholicAndFanatical

CatholicAndFanatical

I was looking at the Ian Paisley sight that ironmonk put up. He made a claim that I dont quiet understand but he quoted from the Catechism.

I've heard it before but thought it was changed.

46. What does Rome teach in regard to what is necessary for the validity of a Sacrament?

No sacrament is valid unless 'the intention of the priest goes with it.' Where there is no right intention on the part of the priest there can be no Sacrament.

I thought the Eucharist was valid no matter what the state of the Priest is in? At least I remember that being taught to me during RCIA.

CatholicAndFanatical

If the priest doesn't intend to actually celebrate the Eucharist, even if he goes through all the motions, there is no Eucharist. It has nothing to do with the sins of the priest; he could've murdered someone that morning, but if he intends to celebrate the Eucharist, then it is done. In other words, we don't have to worry about the holiness of a priest, but we do have to worry about his intent. You'd have to be pretty diabolical to give fake sacraments.

CatholicAndFanatical

ah ok, cool, thanks for the reply...thank God we have amesome Priests in the Parishs we have here..but I feel sorry for those where corrupt Priests live. May God have mercy on them

CatholicAndFanatical

ah ok, cool, thanks for the reply...thank God we have amesome Priests in the Parishs we have here..but I feel sorry for those where corrupt Priests live. May God have mercy on them

CatholicAndFanatical

Amen.

Don't believe anything on ian paisley's site... he is a liar and a fool.

He knows he lies about Catholic teachings.

I have emailed him and about 900 people who signed his guestbook numerous times.

ian is swine.

So I put up the page: www.IanPaisley.net

When I have time, I'm going to duplicate his site, then I'm going to replace it with correct info....

Let him try to take me to court :) It will make the news, and it will show thousands of people, possibly millions, that ian is a liar, and many people lie about the Church.

God Bless,

ironmonk

Ironmonk,

That is the only post of yours that I have read so far that I can agree with.

Like my namesake I used to be Catholic, so I at least partly identify with you guys.

I've been to Northern Ireland, and had a close catholic friend live there for a few years in a mixed marriage. They were living in the protestant community where Paisley and followers are still very influential.

It will take more than a website to correct Paisley's false gospel. I think what Northern Ireland needs is a lot of prayer and some authentic Christian missionaries to correct the false teaching that Paisley has been been spreading.

<rant>

Please remember that not all protestants are bigots like Paisley. Unfortunately some Christians have been taught misleading information similar to what he teaches. Please be careful you guys dont become a Catholic version of Paisley, or make this place a virtual Northern Ireland. I used to think there was no such thing as a Catholic bigot - that was before I read this board.

</rant>

Its probably better to finish with a prayer:

Lord Jesus, heal the hearts and hurts of everyone in Northern Ireland. Lord bring about greater understanding and trust in that place. Lord bring them the true peace that only you bring. Lord - the Berlin wall came down - Lord we pray that the so called peace walls (which are really walls of division) of Belfast and Derry will become unnecessary and also fall some day soon. Lord we pray that the members of all the paramilitaries terrorists groups, the UVF, the UDA, the UFF, the LVF, the Orange Volunteers, the INLA, the RIRA, the CIRA & PIRA would come to know you and live according to your will, repenting from their violent past. This we ask in Jesus name. Amen