An Old School Catholic Message Board

Congressman Attacking The Church

ironmonk

Kilroy the Ninja

[quote]"That's an indication the Catholic church has not always been in step with the rest of society in the United States," Clay said.
[/quote]

Wow. I just don't even know what to say to that.

conservativecatholic

It's simple. The citizens of Missouri should not vote for him. Missouri is predominantly Catholic which grants the Church a voice in politics. Catholics need to step up to the plate and get him out of office.

[quote]Sorry but I have to say it!!! He is a [color=red][b]MORON! [/b][/color][/quote]
Agreed

Edited by conservativecatholic

St. Catherine

[quote]"That's an indication the Catholic church has not always been in step with the rest of society in the United States," Clay said.[/quote]

So I guess that means if the rest of society is jumping off cliffs we should do it too? :blink:

Guest JeffCR07

[quote]"Perhaps the Catholic Church should surrender their 501-C status."[/quote]

I...but...who...I...I can't believe I just read that. Is he actually trying to [i]threaten[/i] the Church?

Normally, I try to be civil and purely intellectual. This, however, is not normal, its retarded. Totally, completely, unbelievably retarded.

[quote]They don't have the luxury of driving people away from the church right now[/quote]

He doesn't have the luxury of questioning the Magisterium, right now or ever. Being "catholic" isn't just checking a box on legal forms, its living a life of humility.

[quote]I think it's an intrusion into uncharted waters that the church has never been in.[/quote]

Uncharted waters? Excuse me? [i]Never Been In???[/i] Does this guy have even the faintest clue what excommunication is? The evil of abortion has been clearly defined, is universally taught, and is part of the Catholic Church's Tradition (read infallible). To teach or do anything contrary is, if I'm not mistaken [i]heresy[/i]. If this keeps up I kind of hope excommunication gets used. Maybe then politicians will start to realize that this isn't "optional" and when you're in an influential position like that, your decisions are never just "a personal thing, between my God and me."

I'm leaving before I get more riled up than I already am... :angry:

conservativecatholic

[quote name='JeffCR07' date='Jul 12 2004, 01:51 PM'] I...but...who...I...I can't believe I just read that. Is he actually trying to [i]threaten[/i] the Church?

Normally, I try to be civil and purely intellectual. This, however, is not normal, its retarded. Totally, completely, unbelievably retarded.

[/quote]
[b]JeffCR07: I totally agree! [/b][quote]"Perhaps the Catholic Church should surrender their 501-C status."[/quote] That is just retarted.

Edited by conservativecatholic

As soon as I read that he wanted to meet with Archbishop Burke, the namesake of my handle, I chucked and thought to myself "That poor ...." (referring to Clay).

The threat of revoking the 501-c status is a violation of the Democrats most holy principle of "separation of Church and State"... unless they interpret it as "The state is free from the Church and the Church is the whipping boy of the state, we can do to it wathever we want and if it whimpers, we'll try to hit it harder."

JMJ
7/13 - St. Henry

Thankfully, the pro-life community learned their lesson with Clinton - amnesty for the unborn will only come through the conversion of hearts, not through the state. Gives me hope when the government looks bleak. ;)