An Old School Catholic Message Board

Aussies Come Here!

Joolye

Okay, so this isn't really a debate topic, sorry, but most of the Aussies on this forum come into the debate room.

So, anyway Aussies, I thought it'd be fun to have a post where we talk Aussie jargon and confuse the Americans!

So, someone start a convo...

I can't think of too much Aussie slang myself.

Gidday me ol' China 'owaretheyhangin' ? struuuuth i havent seen ya in a month a sundays owyagoin anyway? djahavagoodweekend? watchadoin this arvo? howboutya come over my place and we crack open a few tinnies and watch the footy on the telly? waddya reckon about ol Pauline ay? whingin bout the money the abos get and now shes in jail with em. anyway gotta go catchya

cmotherofpirl

Yo dudes, ma peeps went ta skull. Josh an tesa rolled tha hill. They ain't goink to tha zaksame ting though. Ma steve parkd in skiwrl hill an rode pat ta Pitt. John's catchin 40, going ta cac, an's doin da 2nd trick tanite. Jim slepin seeinzat he tooled til mornin.

Alls a gotta do iz go an worsh, run the sweeper, an redd up today, then go dawmstreet buggying at te igl. I'm outa cow juice, bred , jumbo, alls a got is chipchopped anat. Would drather wallyworld. If a don't, there'll canipshuns when they want sammiches and pop. If a had ma druthers I'd be gallivantin, but am makin golumpki fur suppa. I hope not ta wait suppa tanite.

Must feed the beasts, tha spudzee are waitin on da jaggers awtside

yunz have a good one where eva yunz at. Pump an iron on me. But stay outa tha beer garten.

Off with babuska an bumershoot, its doin anutter Noah.

Pfuh, most of that is just misspelled English! What a cheater, cmudder! :D

I think Australian accent and speech just came about from all the English prisoners who were sent to Oz and couldn't speak British English properly. No offense, Aussies, but I was just noting that the "improper English" that was preached against in "My Fair Lady" sounds an aweful lot like Australian English. I think it's like this...

British English : Australian accent as American English : New York accent.

Just some thoughts. I love Aussies, though. No worries, mates! :P

-Mark

::blinks:: ::grins:: Yo, my homie-g dawgs!! What's happenin in the hizouze? Keepin it on the dl till the cat meoooows!! Word. B)

No, you Aussies (& New Z peeps) rock!!! You brought us Newsboys, Rebecca St. James, and others!! :D

g'night.

Sarah