An Old School Catholic Message Board

He Is Not Here

Dave

If the pills purpose is to destroy life, the beginning of life, any stage of life, yes it's wrong to use it for that purpose. The pill they'll give you will need to be looked up by you. check it out. What does it do and why did they give it to you? That's what I did and I found a safer alternative. That other pill can be just a vitamin pill or something. Look it up when the time comes. I know I will!!! ;)

*dances with freaky chic*

Thank God your awwwww-right!!!!

God Bless! B)

I understand the message behind what you are trying to say here but I dont think implying that a priest who happened to give the wrong info as going to hell is appropriate. I know that it is possible for a priest to go to hell but right now I am in seminary training to be a priest and I find that post offensive. To assume that a priest would go to hell after that based on all the things a priest does which id assume most of you dont know the amnt of intensive training it takes to get to that level. I dunno maybe i am wrong but i am just saying that starting posts which talk about priests going to hell seems a bit to much for me.

Edited by vianney

I am in full agreement with vianney.

While I like the post's intention, we cannot say FOR SURE who is in hell. And the Priest's name didn't seem made up, which would be a bad thing to say someone is in hell (even for illistration purposes) who may be trying to get out of purgatory in reality. If the Piests was purely fictional I might be inclined to find the story a bit more palitable.

that's just my 2 pennies anyway...

Oh, I think it's worthy of noting that it wasn't Dave who wrote the thing. It was part of the web page for Peter and Paul ministries.

So, Dave, please do not take offense! :P

I never said the point of what I posted was meant to say who was in hell or not, nor did those who wrote the article in the first place. What it means is that contraception and receiving the Eucharist sacrilegiously are mortal sins, and as with all mortal sins, if we commit them and don't repent, we go to hell.

And objectively speaking, it would be a mortal sin for a priest to knowingly encourage someone to commit mortal sin, which would also endanger his soul.

As for the name not sounding made up, I don't know, but it's likely they just used the name of a priest they new -- one who's orthodox but who apparently didn't mind his name being used as though he were unorthodox.