An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bisexuality Among Teens And Young Adults

jessinoelw

Mr. D is surely using the media to spread around this confusion and evil. My best friend and I were always together through middle school, and high school. We did everything together. Imagine some psychologist or someone today saying I was "gay" or bisexual. We would have punched thier lights out! :o (Then gone to confession) All we talked about was boys! (Ahh, good ol' middle school crushes!)

But I wasn't, She was my best friend. It was such a true friendship that I still have today. Today the Mr. D is using those pschologists, media, etc. to try to confuse our children, nieghbors and families. We must pray for them and for mercy. ;)

Mary Beth Bonnacii has a great article on something like this.

Click Here to get the article

check it out B)

Odd, but of the "causes" the CMA gives none of them fits, maybe the needy mother thing a little..

That's why I finished the whole thing with "though of course there are always exceptions." :P Seriously though, there are always exceptions. Every person is different, and I don't claim to know a deadset reason why anyone has same-sex attractions, and I don't think the CMA really does either, I think they're just looking for causes that are common to many, but not all, cases. I just decided to post those factors since people were looking for possible reasons for bisexuality to be so prevalent. As you know from me saying it so many times before, I was blown away when I saw the CMA study because all but a few of the factors fit me.

Wow I'm tired, I need to go to bed. lol. :blink:

Thanks for all the replies!

Interesting stuff.

Our parents divorced in '96. I was 18/19, Sarah was 14 and Jenny was 12/13. We've all "flirted" with bisexuality. I never acted on it physically, and neither did Sarah, to my knowledge. But Jenny has been the most responsive to this lifestyle.

Jenny has a lot of issues with our parents. I am the only actively religious member of our family. Sarah somewhat believes in Christianity, but doesn't know or understand most of it and doesn't live it. Jenny, however, is extremely relativistic. She smokes pot quite a lot. Our parents have been more or less daily users for as long as I can remember. Jenny has a lot of anger towards our dad and directs that anger towards her boyfriend (at least until they very recently broke up).

Maybe these are contributing factors.

It's just very disturbing and frustrating to see her (and all of my family members, really) live that way. I am very concerned that she will be one of the ones for whom this isn't just a phase. I so badly want her to come to know the Truth and see that there is more to life than what she experiences in her own little world.

Keep us in your prayers!

Thanks.