An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Right And You're Wrong

dUSt

May the peace and love of Christ be with you all.

If I may, I'd like to make a quick comment on a certain attitude that has creeped into the phorum lately...

I've heard comments such as "you Catholics believe you're right and everyone else is wrong", and, "you shouldn't tell other people they're wrong", and, "you're bashing me by telling me I'm wrong", etc, etc.

Why this attitude? Well, I don't know. But... I'd like for all the people making these types of statements to take a step back and realize something... By making these statements, you are telling us that we are wrong. It just goes back and forth.

The purpose of a debate phorum is to debate--hopefully in a civil and loving manner. But--and this is the important part--a debate requires arguments and counter arguments. "I believe just because", won't cut it. So--I ask of all, if you're going to paricipate in the debate phorum, please respond to points accordingly, with counter points. The ultimate goal is for all of us to grow in our relationship with Christ, both mentally and spiritually.

My last point: Please realize, as Catholics (and more importantly, Christians), we believe in an absolute truth. If you are a Christian, you should believe in an absolute truth as well. As a Christian, you should believe that Christianity contains more truth than Judaism. As a Christian, you should believe that Christianity contains more truth than Buddhism. Please realize, by believing in an absolute truth, you will always have others accuse you of acting "superior" or thinking that other people are "wrong". It might be helpful for you to step back and look at how we all treat eachother.

Also--ask yourself why you're here. Is it because you're bored and like drama? If so, please be respectful of this site and participate in only non-serious discussions. Or... is it because God has called you here? If so... listen.

God bless.