An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Happened To All The Phatmass Apologists?

dUSt

Pish-posh. Don't say you're a failed apologist. Not all people are preachers, you know. Some of the best apologetics occur not in speaking, but in action.

dUSt, honestly, I probably scared most of our apologists away when I was schismatic. :blink: I was a good apologist for schismatics too, though I must admit it's much easier to be an apologist for the Church because what she teaches also happens to be true, and thus much easier to prove. But I do hope if there are any I scared away, they'll come back.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to be an apologist, though I don't think I'm as good as some of the others here, and it's been difficult for me lately because of the situation with my grandmother and family.

littleflower+JMJ

dUSt is right though, i think its really important that all those threads at least get answered....i would but i alway say everthing wrong and probably do more damage than good so i dont....but i do pray! (does that count?)

::jmj puts on her hiking boots and backpack in order to search for our old apologists who are MIA::

missing in action that is......... :unsure: :ph34r:

IcePrincessKRS

Sorry everyone. I don't want everyone to be expected to be an apologist. This place would be pretty lame if that happened! I was just trying to remember all the ones who use to love to debate, but don't do it anymore...

I'd debate more, but I just don't have the time to devote to getting into heavy debates right now. I love reading and learning, but most of the time I spend online lately I have one hand to type with--not very good for trying to be an apologist, and to be honest, sometimes I feel like I haven't got the patience to hold my temper and be a good example so I just pray for those reading and replying to the threads and refrain from saying anything.

A lot of you express your thoughts more eloquently and tactfully than I am able to.

And a lot of the time someone has already posted what I was going to say anyway - you people are good!!!

Theologian in Training

I have returned the seminary and therefore am now juggling six classes, a new seminary schedule that is to be more conducive to community and prayer, and have more to read since I took an elective class that requires the reading of 12 novels: Sacramental Themes in Modern Literature. Therefore, my time spent here will be more scarce and much more varied than it has been in the past.

Besides the new phatmassers seem to be picking up the slack and doing a very fine job inDouche.

I still pray for you guys and ask that you pray for me.

I will try not to be a stranger.

God Bless

I have returned the seminary and therefore am now juggling six classes, a new seminary schedule that is to be more conducive to community and prayer, and have more to read since I took an elective class that requires the reading of 12 novels: Sacramental Themes in Modern Literature. Therefore, my time spent here will be more scarce and much more varied than it has been in the past.

Besides the new phatmassers seem to be picking up the slack and doing a very fine job inDouche.

I still pray for you guys and ask that you pray for me.

I will try not to be a stranger.

God Bless

Just make sure to make some mental notes about some of the things that you are learning so that you can come back and share what you have learned with us when you do have time. God bless

'Sacramental themes in modern literature'?

Just shoot me, Theo. These classes sound like modernism squared.

God have mercy!

I hope I am wrong and will gladly eat crow, even raw.

Theologian in Training

I have it on Wednesday so cannot comment on the kind of class that it is or is not. I do know that some of the authors we are reading are T.S. Eliot, C.S. Lewis, G.K. Chesterton, Flannery O'Connor, and Graham Greene, among others.

Time will tell...

God Bless

I do know that some of the authors we are reading are T.S. Eliot, C.S. Lewis, G.K. Chesterton, Flannery O'Connor, and Graham Greene, among others.

My hometown in GA is close to Milledgeville, where Flannery O'Connor was from. And my parish is located in Milledgeville too. That church, Sacred Heart Catholic Church, was where she attended Mass!

CatholicAndFanatical

Wasn't there more defenders of the faith around here back in the day? What happened to them all? Who remembers the old phatmass? What's going on? Where's my cocoa puffs? Who framed Roger Rabbit?

Hey i can be a PhatMass Defender but seems like everytime I post no one replies to me either in forums or pm's...whats wrong do I scare people :(

im a nice guy really..and im sensitive so be gentle.. :(

pfft, yea right.. :ph34r:

I enjoy defending the faith, but no one replies to me here so I move to other forums like FCFC which has taken a toll on me fo' sho', but Im back now. luck you :D

Peace,

CatholicAndFanatical

aka OnAJourney

littleflower+JMJ

I enjoy defending the faith, but no one replies to me here so I move to other forums like FCFC which has taken a toll on me fo' sho', but Im back now. luck you :D

LOL FCFC!!!

my gosh!! no way??? i haven't been there in ages!! not that i miss it or anything

<_<

you go Catholicandfantical!! B)