An Old School Catholic Message Board

Traditional Catholic Counter-revolution

VeraMaria

Mary's Knight, La

wow now i'm disturbed as it seems catholics have adopted the traditional tactics of staunch anti-catholics and unfortunately both have the target of the Roman Catholic Church.

Just glancing briefly over the "heresies" section it is obvious that they are taking things out of context just to make it fit a certain notion. Remember the post about the Chick comic. Same idea different author same purpose. (Meatloaf plays in background "2 out of 3 ain't bad" or if you prefer monastic chanting of "Walks like a duck, smells like a duck..."). Don't let it disturb you too much, in order to justify themselves they must claim the Church is wrong and the only way to claim the truth is wrong is to take it out of context.

Though it might be interesting to ask a traditionalist to pray with you for enlightenment as to the truth, because under the reasoning on the list, that person would become a heretic, and becoming a heretic for trying to lead people to the truth is insanity, which proves my point ;-) anyways stay strong in your faith and don't let things like this get to you.

-Pray for me and I'll pray for you.

Mary's Knight, La

sorry to come back and make a second reply but i looked further at the site and found out (didn't realize this before) they are lefebvrists... which sacks alot of their credibility.

I could tell from looking at their web site that they are SSPX. Anyway, I didn't have time to read everything, but it is very serious to call someone a heretic. It might quite possiblybe mortally sinful. I find it ironic that they say there is no salvation outside of the church, yet they find themselves outside of the church. By the way, the Church does teach that there is no salvation outside of the Church, but not in the way these people have apparently interpreted it. What it means is that Christ founded one Church. This Church exists in three places, earth, purgatory, and heaven. People are saved by Christ, through the Church. So, can a Jew go to heaven? Of course! If, through no fault of their own, they do not believe in Christ, and they are sincerely trying to find the truth, then they can be saved. If they are though, it is by Christ, through the Church, only it is after they die that they accept Jesus. That is a very basic explanation and probably lacking in many areas. Pope John Paul II's Apostolic Letter Dominus Iesus explains it much better. Just do a Googel seach if you're curious. Anyway, these people are not in line with the Church, they apparently believe that Christ lied when he said, "You are Peter, and upon this Rock I will build my Church, and the gates of the netherworld (read hell) shall not prevail against it." Clearly they think the gates of hell did prevail against the Church.

sorry to come back and make a second reply but i looked further at the site and found out (didn't realize this before) they are lefebvrists... which sacks alot of their credibility.

????????

Maybe I'm just stupid, but i've never heard about lefebvrists before.... :blink:

ReformationNow

Hmmmm...Looked thru their '101 heresies of JPII'...found it to be incredibly lacking of any solid proof of the heresies that they claim he said. Some of the stuff didn't even look like it contradicted any Catholic teaching. Other stuff looked like it may have been taken out of context, although I can't be sure since they didn't provide any proof. I give the site a thumbs down.

this may be unimportant

i was lookin at those JPII things, and it was all mad at the upsidown cross as a sign of the devil. did they just call Peter, who was crucified upsidown, the antiChrist?

also, anyone got any explanations 4 the hindu thing and the buddist idol thing? i'm sure they just got a picture and took it out of context, but i'd still like 2 see an explanation.

let's all refute everything they say, and find a way to send em an email with it all. Maybe they'll belive us :)

:unsure: not likely,,, they seem pretty obstinate to me. Anyway, id be fun to prove all their hard work wrong!

Pax et Amo Christi!

let's all refute everything they say, and find a way to send em an email with it all.  Maybe they'll belive us  :)

:unsure: not likely,,, they seem pretty obstinate to me.  Anyway, id be fun to prove all their hard work wrong!

YEAH!!! :D

ReformationNow

I should probably add this...for anyone who wants to visit the site. If you want to look at the so-called '101 heresies of JPII', you may want to just read the first 10. The other 91 are just repeats. It got boring quick. The website is really sloppy too.

I've seen some of those photos posted before. And I remember going over the "upside-down" cross thing with a non-Catholic CSBA member online and tried explaining the symbolism of the Pope sitting in the "chair of Peter" and that Peter was, by tradition, crucified upside down. An anti-Catholic website he posted showed that the upside-down cross started being used as a satanic symbol in the 600s (well, as I recall, St. Peter was martyred in the 60s, well before the 600s, duhhhhh).

I can't comment on the Hindi or Buddhist stuff, but with the upside-down cross, some people are just grasping for straws on a bad acid trip, it seems.....

Lefebvrists means SSPX, 'The Society of St. Pius X'. The founder of this religious order was Archbishop Marcel Lefebrve.

The website author is not an SSPX-er, as on the list is an article refuting 'the liberal doctrine of Archbishop Lefebvre'. Looks like the site is from the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart - that is, the St. Benedict Center.

I have heard that some of the Slaves' orders are "approved" by Rome.

Aloyisius: the "buddah" thing happened at the (1986) Assisi Prayer Meeting, in which various sects were invited by the Holy Father to pray for peace. The buddah was placed atop the tabernacle by the buddahists; some say as soon as this was discovered, it was taken down; some say the Tabernacle was empty.

To all: The SSPX holds that non-Catholics may attain salvation; that is, that it is possible for a non-Catholic to die in the state of grace. But that such a non-Catholic would be saved in spite of their false religion, not because of it.