An Old School Catholic Message Board

:( Tell Me How It's Okay To Be Too Nice.

theculturewarrior

theculturewarrior

Today in class, my classmates were talking about birth control and then they started talking about the morning after pill. I'm not a confrontational person by nature, so I didn't say, "life should be protected, from conception to natural death." I just told them that I heard it was dangerous. I told them that I had heard that somebody here locally died of hemorrhaging, but they said that that was because she didn't take it appropriately.

My question is, did I sin by not outright rebuking them, or is there ever a time when correcting sinners is best done very gently?

BTW I think next class session I'll wear my benedictine cross.

:sadder:

Jesus did say in another context we should be wise as serpents and as gentle as doves. Sometimes to confront people who are not ready to listen is not the best thing to do as people usually get angry and what should be a good discussion degenerates into name calling. I find it better to speak the truth with respect quietly and usually it shows benefits if people see you are treating them with respect and they will usually listen to your arguments