An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Trinity And Mary

Aloysius

http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?a...indpost&p=26374

that is how i explained the trinity to Ayed. Now im gonna use it to explain Mary to everyone else. I hope this works. Well, I moreso hope that the diagram workd 4 ayed, but i hope the diagram wrks here too. i came up with it myself, it's kinda like sending you're child out into the debate table for the first time. :)

make me proud, Aloysius Jr.!!!!!! :D

the basic diagram goes like this. b means the son is being begotten, and it should be on every single point on the lines, forwards and backwards. The I's are sposedta be lines. They should also be on every point, forwards and backwards. Ever line represents the Father betting the Son. The lines are basicall time lines representing all of existence, infinitely forward and backward. So at every point in History we can find the Father begetting the Son.

<-------------------Father--------------->

I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I

<--b---b----b----Holy Spirit-----b--b-->

<-------------------Son------------------>

now, let's focus on one specific time in History. about 3 bc or somethin like that. I think u all know what i'm talking about.

.......................................................3 b.c.

<-------------------Father------------I --->

<--b---b----b-------Holy Spirit-----b --b-->

<-------------------Son------------------>

*The bold part isn't just any being begotten of the father

right there, the Son was begotten of the Father through the HOly spirit as in every other instance, but He is also there begotten of Mary. Mary is caught up into the middle of the very mystery of the Trinity. THe Power of the Most High overshadows her. She is completely enveloped by the Power of the Most High which is the Holy Spirit which is what begets the Son. Mary is truely the Mother of God.

Go Aloysius Jr. RA RA RA! :D B)

Pax et Amo Christi!

I'm going to say it's a crumby explaination that is probably full of holes and missed points.

Granted, I'm also going to say that its one of the best explainations I've seen so far. I think I'll stick with it until I see something better. :)

Actually, I think it explains it pretty well. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a hole that couldn't be further explained.

At the bold point - where the Son, Jesus now, is begotten of Mary too - that is where the Son took flesh.

Begotten, like I said, simply is the definition of being a Son (to be Fathered). The Son, therefore, is eternally begotten of the Father. At one point in His life, nonetheless, He was to take flesh and become human (fully human, fully God). At this point he was begotten of the Father, through the Power of the Holy Spirit, with Mary!