An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are The Wiggles A Gay Conspiracy?

Cure of Ars

Are the Wiggles a gay conspiracy?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4wigglesarms.jpg

I don’t think I will let my son watch the wiggles when I do have a son. But maybe it’s just me. But then again I said the same thing about Barney before I had kids. And they now watch Barney.

Barney annoys the daylights out of me. But the Catholic paper Our Sunday Visitor once wrote a positive article on the Wiggles, so I decided to see for myself. Sure, they're pretty annoying what with all the silly songs and whatnot. But I'd prefer them to Barney! I'd love to kill Barney and turn him into a pair of lizard-skin cowboy boots!

*squints*

You know... if you are tired, have an active imagination, and are un-caffeinated the bottom guy in that picture sort of looks like Sen. Tom Daschle...

Oh, VanHooty, now I think I'm going to be sick! Sen. Tom Daschle???!!! I don't think I'll ever be able to look at the Wiggles the same again! :lol:

They also go by the name of "Tism" which is a more adult styled band. They sing "I'm on the drug" [which killed River Phoneix".

I could be wrong, but that's what my sister told me, and she knows more about such things then I.

As for them being gay, I dunno, Im more inclined to beleive that the Teletubbies are gay. However, I do like their chips.

No! Wiggles is the best! It makes my girlfriend laugh. When they go on Happy Street, they're happy! And when they're on Sad Street, they're sad! And they're Aussie! w00t! :P

-Mark

Oh goodness... I was just babysitting today and noticed they had that video.. "Wiggles?? What the heck is THAT?!" I'll have to watch it next time I go over.

IcePrincessKRS

My little twin brothers watch the Wiggles... I never thought about the possibility of them being homosexual, but thats probably because Jimmy and Justin assumed they were brothers and I think of them in the same light (in a fictional TV family sense).

Did you know that the guy Steve who used to be on Blues Clues is now releasing an album? Apparently he went from "We just figured out Blues Clues, we just figured out Blues Clues...." to a rock group. Who woulda thought? He also said he was proud to have been a part of Blues Clues and that he's didn't OD on drugs and all those other juicy rumors about him are false. :P

Whats with homophobic people...

Just because a group wears bright colors, dosen't mean there gay. KIDS like bright colors!!! It's always been a thing!, heck Im surprised a homophobic person has yet to bring up that Crayel Crans is a gay company to for all there bright colored crayons!

Get with it, just because somthing is in different bright colors dosen't make it gay.

Heck maybe God is Gay for showing Noah a Rainbow?!?!? <sarcasim here>

Rainbow color used to be beutiful, now u can't have it without someone thinking homosexuals. When I was a kid rainbow like style was all over from carebears to other cartoon shows, I didnt' think nothing of it, but adults are so immature these days they see rainbow colors and they think "GAY!".

And for that matter, the wiggles are cool!.

Edited by Adam

The Wiggles are NOT gay.  Two of them are happily married and have kids.

:ph34r: haha... You're RIGHT!

They're AUSSIE! What more do we want? :P They've been famous here for over 10 years!

oh...and they're a bit grey on top these days :P

Edited by Robyn

revolutionoflove

Okay perhaps my first reaction to the Wiggles was immature... I laughed and thought to myself "who are these gay looking guys?" (I live near San Fran, what do you expect?)

However, my almost 2 yr old daughter loves em so I checked them out. Dave is right. They aren't (at least 2 of them) gay. They are married early education teachers and their kids have been on the show with them.

I will also admit that their songs are much more enjoyable for my ears (since I've got to listen to it too) than the incredibly annoying (to me) Barney.

All I can say to those of you without kids....never say never. In my hardcore/punk days never would I have imagined my future to entail hopping around the living room with a toddler singing "Fruit salad.. yummy, yummy!" Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

Whats with homophobic people...

Just because a group wears bright colors, dosen't mean there gay. KIDS like bright colors!!! It's always been a thing!, heck Im surprised a homophobic person has yet to bring up that Crayel Crans is a gay company to for all there bright colored crayons!

Get with it, just because somthing is in different bright colors dosen't make it gay.

Heck maybe God is Gay for showing Noah a Rainbow?!?!? <sarcasim here>

Rainbow color used to be beutiful, now u can't have it without someone thinking homosexuals. When I was a kid rainbow like style was all over from carebears to other cartoon shows, I didnt' think nothing of it, but adults are so immature these days they see rainbow colors and they think "GAY!".

And for that matter, the wiggles are cool!.

Here you bring to light the crux of the problem of symbolism. Take the innocent rainbow, God's gift to mankind as a sign of his promise to never again flood the lands, now held high by the "Gay Pride" and "Gay Rights" crowds. Another example from American history is that of the Confederate Flag. Sure slavery was an issue during the Civil War, but the big issue that truly started it all was States Rights. After the war the symbol that so inspired a nation was hijacked by wackos like the KKK and used to further their racist agendas. It's a pity when you look at all the life expended during the Great War Between the States, and how today you can't show your pride for your southern heritage without being labeled a redneck and a racist.

Red Knight

Just because some guys prance around with feathers and have a fondness for pastels and interior decorating doesn't mean they're gay. Most guys in kid shows are pretty non-threatening. When I talk to my kids, I knock my voice up an octave or so and avoid doing things like punching her in the arm.