An Old School Catholic Message Board

Religious Life Directory

Pio Nono

With all due respect, I would not recommend consulting Vision for assistance with discernment. Most of the order with whom they are in affiliation seem new-age, and I've seen some books advertised in there that are by authors who are heretics.

<3+

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Jan 1 2005, 05:08 PM'] With all due respect, I would not recommend consulting Vision for assistance with discernment. Most of the order with whom they are in affiliation seem new-age, and I've seen some books advertised in there that are by authors who are heretics.

<3+ [/quote]
i agree....there are very few orders featured in vision that even have modified habits....most that i've seen in the mags wear lay clothes and aren't very traditional

the CMSWR as photosynthesis suggested was the most help for me when i was looking.

[quote name='Andrea348' date='Jan 1 2005, 09:14 PM'] i agree....there are very few orders featured in vision that even have modified habits....most that i've seen in the mags wear lay clothes and aren't very traditional

the CMSWR as photosynthesis suggested was the most help for me when i was looking. [/quote]
Agreed. I've even seen nuns wearing make-up in there... not that make-up is bad, but on nuns??

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

This site is AWESOME!

[url="http://www.carmelitehermitage.com/Vocations.html"]Click here![/url] It rocks! On the left are the Men's Orders and on the right are the Women's orders! They are grouped based on what they do and stuff like that! It is an AWESOME list!

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Jan 3 2005, 05:00 PM'] This site is AWESOME!

[url="http://www.carmelitehermitage.com/Vocations.html"]Click here![/url] It rocks! On the left are the Men's Orders and on the right are the Women's orders! They are grouped based on what they do and stuff like that! It is an AWESOME list! [/quote]
It looks like the orders are faithful to the Magisterium :) Thanks.

• 1 month later...

The best link that I know of is

www.religiouslife.com/webfact

It is up to date and that is where we found most of the Communities that attend the HERE I AM LORD Vocations Conferences for Teens and Young Adults.

We have them linked at our website www.hereiamlord.net

Mike Zak

• 3 months later...
m2thebizzax

With VisionGuide, be careful when requesting information from some orders. lol. It's a great idea, but you may not want to ask for information from a gazillion orders at the same time. I was literally receiving like basketfulls of mail. Well, it basicallly added it to around that much. lol. It becomes quite overwhelming. So, take it one or two at a time, read, listen, pray carefully about it and continue to carefully discern.

• 2 months later...
srmarymichael

How do you know that the Orders are faithful to the Magisterium?

This website is for sure: [b]www.cmswr.org[/b]
This website is also very good: [b]www.religiouslife.com[/b]

I know these are repeats, but it's worth mentioning. I personally know many of these Sisters and know that they are in this line.... :)

God bless you all!

Ora et Labora

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Sep 2 2005, 02:44 PM']How do you know that the Orders are faithful to the Magisterium?

God bless you all!
[right][snapback]708892[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You see based on their life whether they are being obedient to Rome. i.e., Do they wear a habit? (It is obvious that Rome strongly encourages this, and it is extremely questionable whether it is even optional in countries where religious persecution is not prevalent). Do they [i]actually[/i] live the vow of poverty? Do they have the authentic spirit of their founder and Rule? Are a substantial number of the Order's members heretical? (I would venture to say that the Jesuits went through a period of time where this was the case). I don't really understand how it could be hard to see whether an Order is faithful or not.

• 1 month later...
srmarymichael

[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='Sep 2 2005, 07:43 PM']You see based on their life whether they are being obedient to Rome. i.e., Do they wear a habit? (It is obvious that Rome strongly encourages this, and it is extremely questionable whether it is even optional in countries where religious persecution is not prevalent). Do they [i]actually[/i] live the vow of poverty? Do they have the authentic spirit of their founder and Rule? Are a substantial number of the Order's members heretical? (I would venture to say that the Jesuits went through a period of time where this was the case). I don't really understand how it could be hard to see whether an Order is faithful or not.
[right][snapback]709076[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Oops.

When I said, "How do you know if they are faithful to the Magisterium?" I was answering my own question by giving you those websites.

I KNOW how to tell...... ;)

• 3 months later...
Guest briennE DENise

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Jan 1 2005, 05:49 PM']Agreed. I've even seen nuns wearing make-up in there... not that make-up is bad, but on nuns??
[right][snapback]472698[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That made me giggle.... I am loving this site, you people rock and are so helpful

srmarymichael

[quote name='briennE DENise' date='Jan 15 2006, 03:17 PM']That made me giggle.... I am loving this site, you people rock and are so helpful
[right][snapback]856801[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

THANKS!!! :topsy:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm joining a community at the end of this month..

Oblates Apostles of the Two Hearts (OATH), as a part of the Alliance of the Holy Family, International. (AHFI)

PRAY FOR ME! PM me if you want to know more about it.. their mission house is in Delaware!