An Old School Catholic Message Board

Jesus Made One Church.

MC Just

but i whether i make the pasta

or go to a restaurant or the local pizza place

its still fetuccini carbonara isn't it????

I can think of about 20 places that all make exactly the same stuff, but have a different name.

And that list of denominations.... if we put on a big christian event here in melbourne... all of those denoms (some exclusions) will join together in unity and form one big body of chirst...

kind of like the power rangers or voltron... or captain planet....

the body of Christ has many different parts, but without one the rest of the body couldn't function properly...

we aren't divided... we just come from different pizza places.

We are in an age of the post denomination

if you actually look at most pentacostal churches, you'll find that they are all called blah blah blah "christian church" or "Christian Centre"

if you are trying to hide behind a denomination you wont get far, you need to find shelter in the shadow of Christ's wings....

Steve, for the umpteenth time, the Catholic Church isn't a denomination. It's the one true Church -- the Church Jesus Christ founded. It's impossible to separate Jesus from His Church. And yes, Christians ARE divided by all the differing beliefs and doctrines out there.

they used to use only gold for money tooo...

now it comes in different denominations...

but whether i have a 10 dollar bill or 40 quarters, i can still buy fetucinni.

well on the little bags that you put your money in to bring to the bank... they tell you how much of each "denomination" to put into your bag.

Its a different form of the same thing.

Guest Celestial Rose

Anyone familiar with Galatians 3: 1 - 29??

1 Oh, foolish Galatians! What magician has cast an evil spell on you? For you used to see the meaning of Jesus Christ's death as clearly as though I had shown you a signboard with a picture of Christ dying on the cross. 2 Let me ask you this one question: Did you receive the Holy Spirit by keeping the law? Of course not, for the Holy Spirit came upon you only after you believed the message you heard about Christ. 3 Have you lost your senses? After starting your Christian lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort? 4 You have suffered so much for the Good News. Surely it was not in vain, was it? Are you now going to just throw it all away? 5 I ask you again, does God give you the Holy Spirit and work miracles among you because you obey the law of Moses? Of course not! It is because you believe the message you heard about Christ.

6 In the same way, "Abraham believed God, so God declared him righteous because of his faith." F9 7 The real children of Abraham, then, are all those who put their faith in God. 8 What's more, the Scriptures looked forward to this time when God would accept the Gentiles, too, on the basis of their faith. God promised this good news to Abraham long ago when he said, "All nations will be blessed through you." F10 9 And so it is: All who put their faith in Christ share the same blessing Abraham received because of his faith. 10 But those who depend on the law to make them right with God are under his curse, for the Scriptures say, "Cursed is everyone who does not observe and obey all these commands that are written in God's Book of the Law." F11 11 Consequently, it is clear that no one can ever be right with God by trying to keep the law. For the Scriptures say, "It is through faith that a righteous person has life." F12 12 How different from this way of faith is the way of law, which says, "If you wish to find life by obeying the law, you must obey all of its commands." F13 13 But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree." F14 14 Through the work of Christ Jesus, God has blessed the Gentiles with the same blessing he promised to Abraham, and we Christians receive the promised Holy Spirit through faith. 15 Dear brothers and sisters, F15 here's an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or amend an irrevocable agreement, so it is in this case. 16 God gave the promise to Abraham and his child. F16 And notice that it doesn't say the promise was to his children, F17 as if it meant many descendants. But the promise was to his child – and that, of course, means Christ. 17 This is what I am trying to say: The agreement God made with Abraham could not be canceled 430 years later when God gave the law to Moses. God would be breaking his promise. 18 For if the inheritance could be received only by keeping the law, then it would not be the result of accepting God's promise. But God gave it to Abraham as a promise.

19 Well then, why was the law given? It was given to show people how guilty they are. But this system of law was to last only until the coming of the child to whom God's promise was made. And there is this further difference. God gave his laws to angels to give to Moses, who was the mediator between God and the people. 20 Now a mediator is needed if two people enter into an agreement, but God acted on his own when he made his promise to Abraham. 21 Well then, is there a conflict between God's law and God's promises? Absolutely not! If the law could have given us new life, we could have been made right with God by obeying it. 22 But the Scriptures have declared that we are all prisoners of sin, so the only way to receive God's promise is to believe in Jesus Christ. 23 Until faith in Christ was shown to us as the way of becoming right with God, we were guarded by the law. We were kept in protective custody, so to speak, until we could put our faith in the coming Savior. 24 Let me put it another way. The law was our guardian and teacher to lead us until Christ came. So now, through faith in Christ, we are made right with God. 25 But now that faith in Christ has come, we no longer need the law as our guardian. 26 So you are all children F18 of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 And all who have been united with Christ in baptism have been made like him. 28 There is no longer Jew or Gentile, F19 slave or free, male or female. For you are all Christians – you are one in Christ Jesus. 29 And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham. You are his heirs, and now all the promises God gave to him belong to you.

My purpose here is to bring us unity. There is no longer Catholic or Protestant or Presbyterian or Seventh Day Adventist or any other denomination or "true church". I don't care what label you want to give yourselves here, the truth is clear; YOU ARE ALL CHRIST-IANS - YOU ARE ONE IN CHRIST JESUS.

Must you get caught up in senseless arguing? Can't we agree to disagree? I have to leave in a hurry this morning, but I hope you get my point. Bless you all,

Love Jess.

There is no longer Catholic or Protestant or Presbyterian or Seventh Day Adventist or any other denomination or "true church".

No, I'm pretty sure there is one "true Church"

That would be the point of this thread.

The "true Church" is the TRUE CHURCH because Jesus founded it. There's no getting around that.

Jesus Christ himself founded Catholicism--men founded all others.

Nuff said.

Guest Celestial Rose

Hey good point! There IS one church that Jesus founded. He chose Peter and said "on this rock I will build my church". So let's have a look at Acts 2, where we see this in action.

14 Then Peter stepped forward with the eleven other apostles and shouted to the crowd, "Listen carefully, all of you, fellow Jews and residents of Jerusalem! Make no mistake about this. 15 Some of you are saying these people are drunk. It isn't true! It's much too early for that. People don't get drunk by nine o'clock in the morning. 16 No, what you see this morning was predicted centuries ago by the prophet Joel: 17 'In the last days, God said, I will pour out my Spirit upon all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, and your old men will dream dreams. 18 In those days I will pour out my Spirit upon all my servants, men and women alike, and they will prophesy. 19 And I will cause wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below – blood and fire and clouds of smoke. 20 The sun will be turned into darkness, and the moon will turn bloodred, before that great and glorious day of the Lord arrives. 21 And anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.' F8 22 "People of Israel, listen! God publicly endorsed Jesus of Nazareth by doing wonderful miracles, wonders, and signs through him, as you well know. 23 But you followed God's prearranged plan. With the help of lawless Gentiles, you nailed him to the cross and murdered him. 24 However, God released him from the horrors of death and raised him back to life again, for death could not keep him in its grip. 25 King David said this about him: 'I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. 26 No wonder my heart is filled with joy, and my mouth shouts his praises! My body rests in hope. 27 For you will not leave my soul among the dead F9 or allow your Holy One to rot in the grave. 28 You have shown me the way of life, and you will give me wonderful joy in your presence.' F10 29 "Dear brothers, think about this! David wasn't referring to himself when he spoke these words I have quoted, for he died and was buried, and his tomb is still here among us. 30 But he was a prophet, and he knew God had promised with an oath that one of David's own descendants would sit on David's throne as the Messiah. 31 David was looking into the future and predicting the Messiah's resurrection. He was saying that the Messiah would not be left among the dead and that his body would not rot in the grave. 32 "This prophecy was speaking of Jesus, whom God raised from the dead, and we all are witnesses of this. 33 Now he sits on the throne of highest honor in heaven, at God's right hand. And the Father, as he had promised, gave him the Holy Spirit to pour out upon us, just as you see and hear today. 34 For David himself never ascended into heaven, yet he said, 'The LORD said to my Lord, Sit in honor at my right hand 35 until I humble your enemies, making them a footstool under your feet.' F11 36 So let it be clearly known by everyone in Israel that God has made this Jesus whom you crucified to be both Lord and Messiah!"

37 Peter's words convicted them deeply, and they said to him and to the other apostles, "Brothers, what should we do?" 38 Peter replied, "Each of you must turn from your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 This promise is to you and to your children, and even to the Gentiles F12 – all who have been called by the Lord our God." 40 Then Peter continued preaching for a long time, strongly urging all his listeners, "Save yourselves from this generation that has gone astray!" 41 Those who believed what Peter said were baptized and added to the church – about three thousand in all.

Peter preaches the clear-cut, plain and simple message of Jesus Christ. The people respond, they join together as one, and in verses 42-47 we see how..

42 They joined with the other believers and devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and fellowship, sharing in the Lord's Supper and in prayer. 43 A deep sense of awe came over them all, and the apostles performed many miraculous signs and wonders. 44 And all the believers met together constantly and shared everything they had. 45 They sold their possessions and shared the proceeds with those in need. 46 They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord's Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity – 47 all the while praising God and enjoying the goodwill of all the people. And each day the Lord added to their group those who were being saved.

This is my vision of the one true church. Is yours any different?

Now...how about that fetuccini? :wub:

Edited by Celestial Rose