An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nab Vs. Kjv

ironmonk

THis is why I recommend the St Ignatius Bible or the Navarre Bible.

I understand what you mean...

but...

If it is from the Vulgate, how do we know that something wasn't added in the double translation?

I did a search for the word man in NAB and it shows up 924 times, whereas in the Douy-Rhiems it's 3400 times (checked USCCB's site and Unbound.biola.edu) I'll look for the others online where I can search...

My point is... is the NAB really inclusive or is the RSV exclusive.

If the RSV is translated from the Vulgate, there could be issues with gender because of word endings.

My point being is that any bible authorized by the Church does not error... but what is not in error could the lesson to be learned, not necessarily the verbatim details...

I think I'll do a little research tonight.

Thanks for the article!

God Bless!

ironmonk

Irony.....thread# is 1688....the year King James II - the last Catholic king of England, and grandson of James I for whom the KJV is named - was deposed for his Catholicism. This is a sad occurrance, as James II had baptized his son Catholic and could have brought England back into the Catholic fold.

Irony.....thread# is 1688....the year King James II - the last Catholic king of England, and grandson of James I  for whom the KJV is named - was deposed for his Catholicism.  This is a sad occurrance, as James II had baptized his son Catholic and could have brought England back into the Catholic fold.

nm

God Bless,

ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

Irony.....thread# is 1688....the year King James II - the last Catholic king of England, and grandson of James I  for whom the KJV is named - was deposed for his Catholicism.  This is a sad occurrance, as James II had baptized his son Catholic and could have brought England back into the Catholic fold.

nm

God Bless,

ironmonk

• 3 weeks later...