An Old School Catholic Message Board

How The Bible Was Inspired

cmotherofpirl

here goes... but lets get one thing clear... it's not my church it's God's church.

Yes or No: Was your Church founded by Christ? Or someone who was a believer in Christ?

Yes...umm...that's not even a yes/no question. Was yours?

Yes or No: Is Christ's church an invisible church which conflicts itself with different parts of teaching?

No

Yes or No: Is Christ's invisible church one with so much division?

invisible? No

Yes or No: Is there ONE truth to each important teaching and doctrine?

Or is there more than one Truth?

oranges are orange. Oranges are a fruit. Oranges grow on trees. Fanta has an orange flavour. Do three of these truths have to be wrong since there can be only one?

Yes or No: Is it God's will for Christians to be divided by denominations?

no. But if you actually did some research you would find that most of the protestant denominations together are more unified than your own church.

Denominations are not different things, they are different forms of the same thing.

Yes or No: Should there be ONE Church, which speaks the fullness of Truth, and is not divided up by opinions and different beliefs from within?

The book of revelation has passages addressed to several churches.... is only one of these churches the true church??? i would go for the church in philedelphia... go flyers!!!

I have only one question.

What was all that supposed to achieve?

Edited by skuba steve

i go to an assemblies of God church...

But isn't the AoG church a sect of the Pentecostal church? I don't know the date, but wasn't the AoG church founded till somewhere in the 20th century?

Edited by Paladin D

But if you actually did some research you would find that most of the protestant denominations together are more unified than your own church.

Uh. No.

You are simply looking at individuals within the Church. The teachings of the Catholic Church are ONE. Those that follow those teachings are ONE. Those that don't follow those teachings are either heretics, confused, misinformed, don't care.

Protestants on the other hand have SEVERAL different believes. There are like 3 baptist churches by my house and they ALL believe slightly different things. Some believe that drinking is a sin. Some believe dancing and having fun is sinful. Some say that a girl sins if she wears pantaloons. Give me a break. The "Evangelical" churches by my house... same thing. My wife's cousin's Evangelical church denys the Trinity. They don't call God the Trinity because it "divides" him. What! The fact of the matter is, their theology is so young they don't even know the True nature of God! They are babies in faith teaching babies in faith. A 500 year (MAXIMUM) tradition is still being suckled. The Catholic Church is 2000 years of ROCK solid faith, built on a ROCK!

You say you have the fullness of Truth, but that is not so. You say you know Jesus, but sorry... you don't know him as well as you think.

You think Jesus DIDN'T leave himself for us in the Eucharist. He did or he didn't. Either you don't know Jesus or I don't.

You think that Jesus didn't want infants baptised. He did or he didn't. Either you don't know Jesus or I don't.

You think that Jesus didn't want us confessing to a priest. He did or he didn't. Either you don't konw Jesus or I don't.

You think that Jesus doesn't purify us before we see him in his Glory. He does or he doesn't. EIther you don't know Jesus or I don't.

Who knows him? Are you sure you do? I'm sure I do... So... Since we both think we do, yet we both think Jesus taught different things... One of us HAS to be wrong!

Who's right Steve? WE can't both be...

Yes or No: Is it God's will for Christians to be divided by denominations?

no. But if you actually did some research you would find that most of the protestant denominations together are more unified than your own church.

Denominations are not different things, they are different forms of the same thing.

Steve, if this is true, then

1-why do some denominations allow (and bless) active homosexuality which is clearly stated is an abomination by God.

2-why do some denominations deny the Trinity.

3-why do some denominations allow abortions if it is "right for the mother"

Being once a Protestant myself, I have been told, by ministers in the SAME DENOMINATION, SAME CHURCH, 1-that there are no such thing as angels, 2-that there are such things as angels, 3-that you are once saved, always saved 4-that you are not once saved, always saved, 5-infant baptism is acceptable, 6-adult baptism is the only baptism that is acceptabe, 7-that divorce is a sin and is unacceptable, 8-that divorce is not a sin and is sometimes acceptable, 9-that abortion is always wrong 10-that abortion is only sometimes wrong.

How can they be different forms of the same thing? These are ministers under the same denomination.

The only things these denominations have in common is a love for Christ, and faith that the Bible will lead them to the Truth. Everything else seems up to debate.

If the denominations were not different, what NEED would there be to start a different church with a different name, with different beliefs and different hierarchal structures if the leader thought he was the same as everyone else?

I meant to come back and edit my post but I will add it here:

The main point of my above post was that, in one church that is part of one denomination, I have heard different things being taught as truth. What did they base this on? The Bible.

There are many Catholics that do not believe what the Church teaches, and who may either teach or believe something different.

The difference in these two scenarios is this:

That the Catholic Church has written, unchanging doctrine.

In the UM Church (which I was referring to in my above post), the written account of "what we believe" (which I looked up when doing research) does not specifically address all these issues. Therefore, they make blank statements in what the church believes. And from that you get pastors who teach very different things based on their personal opinions.

If the people of that parish do not agree with the pastor, or do not think he is right, there is nothing they have that states what they are to believe except the Bible. And that is exactly what he is using to base his beliefs off of.

Being Catholic means having the same foundation, the same beliefs, which can be backed up by written doctrine and interpretation of the Scriptures, tracable back to the Apostles.