An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Stood Up To Some Seniors Today....

VeraMaria

LUCKY!!!!! you get to be persecuted for Jesus' sake!!!! REJOICE! even if u didn't do 2 great a job defending it, at least u defended it. Jesus doesn't care if you're a good arguer, just that u stood up for Him.

Keep it up! when ppl make fun of you for it, say i'll pray for you. THey'll prolly make fun of you some more, but u know what, pray for them. Angels shall highfiveth at the sound of an "I'm praying for you" or an "I still love you, u just don't understand what i'm talking about."

GO VERAMARIA! STAY STRONG! some ppl at my school kinda get crazy like that too every once in a while, but we got a big Catholic youth group all around that are pretty good. We just had a Rosary at the flagpole.

I'm prayin for you Vera! pray for those who persecute you. Do good to those who hate you. For your reward shall be great in heaven.

Pax et Amor Christi! (and courage of the Holy SPirit, i dont know how that goes in Latin)

Thy Geekdom Come

Pax et Amor Christi! (and courage of the Holy SPirit, i dont know how that goes in Latin)

That would be "Pax et Amor Christi et Virtus Spiritus Sancti"

It would also be equally acceptable to say "Pax Amorque Christi Virtusque Spiritus Sancti"

I mention both because et and -que both mean "and" but que is a suffix, so it makes fewer words, but longer overall, since it has three letters and not two.

Latin--blegkh! :P

By the way, cmother has a point. Next time someone's hassling you, just say, "I'm going to pray for you." It's amazing how annoyed they get by it. You'd think they'd be grateful! :rolleyes:

-Mark

"Now all my new friends (I've only been in high school for two weeks) think i'm a freak, that i'm completely weird, ..." ... perhaps they do, but Jesus doesn't. VeraMaria, I can't help but to feel He is as proud of you as those here. Just tell them you're going to have your Big Brother speak to them. :D

Peace of Christ, Ken

littleflower+JMJ

thats right! it doesn't matter what they think what matters is what God thinks of us!

you did so good vera! and know that this is a sign that your doing something RIGHT! to fully live, love and stand up for your faith, one gets persecuted because of it.

pray to the saints and martyrs who have won this battle already.

they've been there and done that.

rejoice and be glad, smile at them but do not give yourself into harm's way vera!

kids can be mean but they should never cross the line of hurting you or harming you.

know that God and all of heaven were cheering you on today and are happy for you!

+JMJ

^_^ ^_^ ;) :D B)

you go girl!!

God bless you, Vera. You know you're on the right path when you get persecuted by the heathen masses.

As hard as it is, you just gotta put up with it, turn the other cheek and all that, people are going to hate you for your beleifs, it's the cold hard reality of such an evil world.

But have hope, that kid who picked up the Catehcism, you may have planted a seed in his heart, and God may rain down upon it giving it cause to grow!

As for Catholic schools, I don't konw about the states, but in NZ they're the best schools in the country, and the kids are really friendly. I remember when I went to represent my school in O'shea shield, a Catholic school's speech competition. It was a great time, after the religious question section that I was in, about 30 of us, all from different schools sat around and talked like we'd known each other for years. Then me and the others from my school hunted down girls from the other schools with the same name, Sacred Heart College, and we compared our uniforms!

Anyway, Vera have you thought abotu Catholic school?

ReformationNow

Hi VeraMaria! :) I'm the forum pacifistic protestant(say that 10 times fast). It's always hard to take persecution. Unfortunately, being a Christian means persecution. Christ has told us so. Pray for those who persecute you. Forgive them. Give vengeance and wrath to the Lord, for He will repay. As a Christian, persecution is your birthright. It is our cross to bear. True Christians in any form will be hated for their stand for truth. Romans 12:14-21 is a passage that deals with the Christian response to persecution. Remember, these are not YOUR enemies. These are enemies of Christ. Pray for them. Heap 'coals of fire' on their head. I'll pray for you before I go to bed this morning.

Thanks, everyone! You made my day a lot better!

The funny thing is that many of you said REJOICE!! Well, it's very hard, but I try.....i used to read that bible passage about persecution and thyink "God, I wish i could stand up for you, with you it would be easy!" But believe me, it isn't. But is it worth it? Definetely!

It's all just baby steps. They're not going to just submit to your faith the first time around. They may not ever understand you or give you any proper respect. That's their decision. Just keep fighting, and never falter in your beliefs. Jesus is behind you always, always. When He is always for you, who can do harm against you?

-Mark

Various thoughts for the freshman who loves Jesus and Mary....

I know a monk who had to street fight for the faith in public school.

Now he is street-fighting all over the world.

Are you parents lukewarm about the faith?

I pray God my daughters and sons love and defend the faith like you.

Do your parents even know what happened?

If my husband found out that'd gone on, he'd be down at that school pronto.

Our son got singled out at the Catholic school for being too traditional. Singled out by teachers, and the principal. It is OK to write para-liturgies, and do earth day, but not to receive on the tounge from the priest.

St. Maximillian Kolbe I think said the best way to deal w/ your enemy is to serve the Immaculata; praying for their conversion: then they become your best friend.

(The Miraculous Medal prayer: O Mary, conceived without sin...)

I am w/ norseman, you need protection:

"Arise, O Lord, let Thy enemies be scattered

Let those who hate Thee fly before Thy Holy Face."

That scripture (I have read) is the one most feared by the demons.

Well I'm goin' on, and am being vain: this thread is about YOU, beloved daughter of Jesus and Mary.

Please keep taking in how VERY proud of you, and what a GREAT example so many KNOW you are.

Do you know the St. Michael prayer? I can't think of anopther better suited for you right now.

you did a better job than i probably would have. if i had done anything, i would have started a fight with them, thus losing my scholarship to Catholic school and getting in much trouble.

Vera, that's a powerful, powerful thing you did. Take it from me, as a fellow high school student (I'm a senior, funnily enough) what you did was very courageous. I'm almost cryin at the moment, actually. God has powerfully blessed you with a gift of faith

Do you listen to Caedmons Call? If not, they wrote a really good song that I think you might get something out of. They're a Reformed Protestant (but we wont hold that against them :P ) Christian band.

"Warrior" by Caedmons Call

Refrain

The LORD is a warrior,

The LORD is mighty in battle,

The LORD is a warrior,

LORD of Hosts is He, x 2

verse 1

My Lord is a fortress

He is a sun and a shield

The LORD is a deliverer,

To those who put their trust in Him

Refrain x 2

Verse 2

He gives strength into His people

He guides His own with His right hand

The Angel of the LORD camps around the ones who fear Him

And delivers them.

Refrain x 2

You should be able to get that song of of KaZaa...if you want..

And I looked up your MSN address and added you, cuz you rock. Its always rad to meet other Catholic young people willing to stand up and be counted for their faith in Christ.

Be blessed richly in Christ,

Ryan

i_am_n0t_my_own@hotmail.com

Vera, that's a powerful, powerful thing you did. Take it from me, as a fellow high school student (I'm a senior, funnily enough) what you did was very courageous. I'm almost cryin at the moment, actually. God has powerfully blessed you with a gift of faith

Do you listen to Caedmons Call? If not, they wrote a really good song that I think you might get something out of. They're a Reformed Protestant (but we wont hold that against them  :P ) Christian band.

"Warrior" by Caedmons Call

Refrain

The LORD is a warrior,

The LORD is mighty in battle,

The LORD is a warrior,

LORD of Hosts is He,                  x 2

verse 1

My Lord is a fortress

He is a sun and a shield

The LORD is a deliverer,

To those who put their trust in Him

Refrain x 2

Verse 2

And delivers them.

Refrain x 2

You should be able to get that song of of KaZaa...if you want..

And I looked up your MSN address and added you, cuz you rock. Its always rad to meet other Catholic young people willing to stand up and be counted for their faith in Christ.

Be blessed richly in Christ,

Ryan 

i_am_n0t_my_own@hotmail.com

Thanks, ICTHUS!!!

I especially like

And delivers them.