An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Stood Up To Some Seniors Today....

VeraMaria

[

No courage here, just anger..... :(  :(

Anger sits in the corner and stews.

Courage stands and answers back.

It takesa GUTS and COURAGE to do what you did.

THe angels are doing high fives right now :D

IcePrincessKRS

Vera, I'm really proud of you.

I'm sorry you feel that you can't report this, those kids deserve to be punished for pushing you around like that. :(

You, and those people who were dissing our faith are in my prayers.

CatholicAndFanatical

Vera,

I wish there were alot more young adults like you around, whiling to fight for their faith. Hold your head high and be proud that you are taking heat for being a part of Christs Church.

I do think though that you need to fill the principle in on these actions ONLY because it could get alot worse. Kids can be so mean and cruel (as you found out) and I remember when I was in High School some of the kids their were set out to hurt poeple, they didnt care. Columbine and other such tragedies are mere examples of what could go on, so for your sake please inform the principal on whats going on, tell him you dont want anything done but you wanted to just inform him on the situation and to watch you closer and these people.

You would be suprised how many people probably look up to you for doing this, but are afraid to say something..You're setting a great example for others to follow. To those that are teasing, well, what comes around goes around, one day they are going to grow up and get a job somewhere and someone by the name of Biff is going to be there and take advantage of them in treat them like carp or treat them like they treated you.

you will be in my prayers.

JMJ,

Steve

Kilroy the Ninja

What pisses me off, is how Catholic Schools (from what I hear) are filled with arrogant idiots.  Why doesn't the Church do something about this?

Um.... WHATTTT?

What are you hearing? Arrogant how?

That's an awfully broad statement to make without first hand knowledge.

Sorry you're having a bad day, but don't take it out on the Catholic schools.

Kilroy The Wife of an Underpaid Catholic Schoolteacher :ph34r:

And VeraMarie - Keep standing up for your faith and remember that high school don't mean a thing. Hard to believe right now, but it is not the all-defining thing it seems!!! God Bless You!

Edited by Kilroy the Ninja

CatholicAndFanatical

Not all Catholic Schools are bad no, hopefully kilroy the one your wife is a teacher at is orthodox, but we have a School in the town that I work in that is very corrupt, they had a NON-Catholic Teacher come in as a substitue and she tried to tell the kids that the eucharist isnt really teh body and blood of Christ. That was about 4 years ago this happened, the corruption caught up with it, the school is closing down.

But as far as the school that vera is going to...youd think some of the teachers or faculty would see this going on and try to stop it..If its a predominantly Jewish School then maybe the teachers there are allowing it to go on.

But what Kilroy said in the end, High School is a mute time in life, when you graduate and look back on it it seems like all the little groups that were formed, things that were done and said are all worthless. Majority of the now popular girls in school will more than likely not succeed because they were spoiled, the popular guys will have beer bellys and bald spots by the time they are 25, and all the geeks and low people that were picked on will be sucessfull and have the high paying jobs and can have some type of satifaction knowing that all the suffering in the beginning was well worth the great reward in the end...well, at least thats how it worked for me and a few others at my school.

God Bless,

CatholicAndFanatical

GodsThespianChic

WOW!!

I am sooo proud of you. That is soo amesome. Even if you don't think you did the best job in the world, you still stood up for the Faith. You defended your faith and there is absolutely no better thing than that!

I once dealt with something like that...well twice...back in geometry my freshman year, this kid, Adam was talking about the "bad priests" and this was back before i knew how to calmly approach the subject. I told him off. He shut up though. Then last year in Algebra 2, these kids were talking about Catholicism and they were saying stuff about some of the common misconceptions that they believed. I turned around and said "Hey guys, I'm Catholic and what you're saying is not true. Let me clear some stuff up for ya..." and they realized that once they knew what we actually do and not just what they thought we do, it made so much sense to them. They actually thanked me for clearing stuff up for them. I had waayyy better luck with my situation than you did, but I do have a rep of being a "Church Girl" now, but that's the best label I can think of...how about you?

Hope your situation gets better...I'm prayin' for ya girl!

And don't forget...keep on standin' up for Him and He'll stand up for you in Heaven!

Mary's Knight, La

I do a lot of work with a teen ministry group and one of the things we are told to remember is that we don't change hearts only God does that, all we do is set the change and be servants, so bless you for your servitude and I will pray both for your physical healing and blessing.

"Now let us begin" - St. Francis on his deathbed

No courage here, just anger..... :(:(

Reporting it would just make things worse, and half the school is already against me, so why make it worse?

They were saying the most nasty stuff about the Pope, priests, Mary, Jesus (and I mean DIRTY humor, BLACK humor), but targeting especially ("those crazy lunatics") Catholics.

I go to a public school, many of the students at my school are Jewish.....so some teachers are also.....but I don't think I have any Catholic teachers :( .

If you've already turned half the school against you in the two weeks you've been there, things are going to get worse regardless.....

In this age of "zero tolerance" they should be expelled.

If you had any injuries from the fall, and you seek medical attention, would not that be grounds for a lawsuit - one that could be publicized in the local media? Maybe the Catholic League could assist.....

Just some initial thoughts. I think you do need to take prudent steps to protect yourself, otherwise you are in for four years of torture....

Um.... WHATTTT?

What are you hearing?  Arrogant how? 

That's an awfully broad statement to make without first hand knowledge.

Sorry you're having a bad day, but don't take it out on the Catholic schools.

Kilroy The Wife of an Underpaid Catholic Schoolteacher  :ph34r:

And VeraMarie - Keep standing up for your faith and remember that high school don't mean a thing.  Hard to believe right now, but it is not the all-defining thing it seems!!!  God Bless You!

I was refering to the students, not to the teachers really.

It's just what I've been hearing here and there, on Catholic forums, including this one.

If you've already turned half the school against you in the two weeks you've been there, things are going to get worse regardless.....

In this age of "zero tolerance" they should be expelled.

If you had any injuries from the fall, and you seek medical attention, would not that be grounds for a lawsuit - one that could be publicized in the local media? Maybe the Catholic League could assist.....

Just some initial thoughts. I think you do need to take prudent steps to protect yourself, otherwise you are in for four years of torture....

Yeah. But Also remember that whatever "tortue" you go through - offer it up! ;)

Honestly though, don't be affraid. God knows your limit. And he will not put you to any test you cannot pass. He is a LOVING God.

Do not ever be afraid. They can hurt you, they can even martyr you (like Ss. Peter and Paul), but they can never ever touch your soul! :)

Thanks everyone! I was feeling horrible, but then I read your posts and though I still think I could have done a better job, I guess I'll offer it up, and maybe in a couple of weeks it'll wear off.....

As for those concerned about the fall down the steps, it wasn't too bad, just the fact that everyone was stepping on my books, and just some soreness. It was what they said as they pushed me that really upset me though. I better not repeat it, it doesn't reserve to be repeated. Such an offense against Christs' Bride, The Church! :angry: :(

Thy Geekdom Come

No heroism here, and CERTAINLY NO LIVING SAINT!!! I can't even stand up for my faith properly, for Pete's sake!!

Perhaps not a living saint, but heroism is accurate. It doesn't matter how "properly" you stood up for your faith, it's that you did stand up for your faith that counts, even willing to be pushed around, physically. That's courage...the Holy Spirit is lively in this one...