An Old School Catholic Message Board

*** Attention Admin ***

MorphRC

Mrs. Bro. Adam

Morph:

One of the BIG things that I've learned about the Catholic faith is that there's more to it than [b]knowing[/b] the doctrine. You have to live and think Catholic.

A person can know Catholic doctrine and everything there is to it, but unless they live and think Catholic, they never will be.

Your words and actions need to show that you're following the Church, that you've given up the old ways to follow the right way. You can never stop working on thinking and living Catholic.

*Just thought I'd tell you what I've come to realize*

[quote name='dUSt' date='Aug 10 2004, 10:37 AM'] I feel more comfortable knowing that phatmass' resources are used in ways that are out in the open. The PM and e-mail options are a [b]privilege[/b] to those members who are not opposed to the church. [/quote]
thanks for clearing that up. :) (you're :cool: )

he did say he went to talk to a priest and got reconciled... he doesn't seem deserving of "non-Cathlic" to me anymore. perhaps you should require him to make a confession of faith before you take him out of that group and at least make him a phatmasser.

Mrs. Bro. Adam

Al:

Please read my post. Yes, a person can have the Catholic title, but does it mean that they are? Cradle Catholics, some go through the motions, but their lives are not lined up with the church. They don't think like the church, they don't act like the church, are they Catholic?

[quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Aug 11 2004, 03:53 AM'] Morph:

One of the BIG things that I've learned about the Catholic faith is that there's more to it than [b]knowing[/b] the doctrine. You have to live and think Catholic.

A person can know Catholic doctrine and everything there is to it, but unless they live and think Catholic, they never will be.

Your words and actions need to show that you're following the Church, that you've given up the old ways to follow the right way. You can never stop working on thinking and living Catholic.

*Just thought I'd tell you what I've come to realize* [/quote]
I know. I never really stopped practicing it fully. When I left, i stopped the Mass and confession obviously, but I still thought Catholic in the senses of

- Morality
- Good & Wrong - Not a great follower, but not shocking
- Belief in God

and even when i stopped calling myself Christian, if anyone went against it, i stood up for it, which is stupid when you think about it.

Ive been catholic [98%] of my life, with an Strong catholic irish mother, i know plenty about how to live catholic, believe me!

cmotherofpirl

I think Morph is trying very hard to come back to the Church, so I think he could at least be a phatmasser again.

A reward for good behavior :D

:mellow: are you suggesting Morph is not Catholic?

i'm sorry, but on a website all you have to go by is what they say. he says things always trying to be faithful to Church teaching here.

he was Catholic and then he renounced his faith, but his conscience caught up with him and he saw a priest and returned to the Church! is there any evidence that he is not Catholic now? you can't assume someone who continually posts trying to defend Church Teachings which he believes in somehow doesn't live it. waht, will it be a requirement that everyone proove that they're Catholic by posting evidence of good works they do and the good way they live their lives?

i say require him to make a confession of faith and then take the non-Catholic title off of him.

" I feel more comfortable knowing that phatmass' resources are used in ways that are out in the open. The PM and e-mail options are a privilege to those members who are not opposed to the church."

Is that a joke...? a privelage for Catholics only?... I dont completely agree with that... it doesnt feel so good to be a higher class than prots :(

[quote name='dUSt' date='Aug 10 2004, 01:37 PM'] The PM and e-mail options are a [b]privilege[/b] to those members who are not opposed to the church. [/quote]
...like parking at the Vatican.

[quote name='musturde' date='Aug 10 2004, 11:47 AM'] " I feel more comfortable knowing that phatmass' resources are used in ways that are out in the open. The PM and e-mail options are a privilege to those members who are not opposed to the church."

Is that a joke...? a privelage for Catholics only?... I dont completely agree with that... it doesnt feel so great to be a higher class than prots :( [/quote]
i don't know if you remember, but....

there was a problem with non-Catholics PM'ing Catholics, giving them a harsh time, or if the Catholic was questioning something, the non-Catholics were trying to get them to leave the Church.

i don't remember names, though.

maybe that's what dUSt is trying to avoid.

cmotherofpirl

Musturde some non-catholics and such were using Pm and emails to try to sway new converts OUT of the Church. So those features are no longer accessible to those outside the Church.

Public Profession, i dont know if its totally required, but atleast it will prove my loyalty now, in real-time and not words on a page which can be baseless.

Ill be back in 11-12hrs.

On paltalk. Better bring an official there, so they dont think they get conned. Pick what u want said, or I will.

thx

RandomProddy

[quote name='Lil Red' date='Aug 10 2004, 07:50 PM'] there was a problem with non-Catholics PM'ing Catholics, giving them a harsh time, or if the Catholic was questioning something, the non-Catholics were trying to get them to leave the Church. [/quote]
I've never done that nor would I presume.

RandomProddy

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Aug 10 2004, 07:52 PM'] Musturde some non-catholics and such were using Pm and emails to try to sway new converts OUT of the Church. So those features are no longer accessible to those outside the Church. [/quote]
But of course it works both ways. Now no-one can privately council me into becoming Roman Catholic.