An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bible/math Lesson

JP2Iloveyou

If the catholic church said that i was female, you would believe that too... however, i noticed i wasn't this morning in the shower.

Only if you were originally a female, who had a sex change. :lol:

Edited by Paladin D

If the catholic church said that i was female, you would believe that too... however, i noticed i wasn't this morning in the shower.

... the Catholic Church wouldn't say anyone was female.

And if it said you were female, i wouldn't necessarily believe it. How is that a matter of faith or morals??????????????

You mean you just noticed this morning? I think that's a little more info than I needed to hear! :lol:

yeah i was standing there and i looked down and to my amazement there was this umm.....

my point was that you can argue about doctrine and beliefs and all the things in this world... but a person's own experience, a person's own thoughts... you can't dictate that to a person...

you can't tell me that i didn't have instant noodles before because i did.

in the same way that you can't tell me whether or not i feel the presence of God when i take communion because you aren't me....

yeah i was standing there and i looked down and to my amazement there was this umm.....

my point was that you can argue about doctrine and beliefs and all the things in this world... but a person's own experience, a person's own thoughts... you can't dictate that to a person...

in the same way that you can't tell me whether or not i feel the presence of God when i take communion because you aren't me....

I'm sure you "feel" the presence of God, as God is all around us ALL the time.

However, for Catholics, we have the very UNIQUE experience of being able to consume Jesus, Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity. Not simply to "feel" the presence of God. But to feel the presence of Christ's FLESH in us! To know that the Word Made Flesh is TOUCHING us, as in PHYSICALLY and Spiritually, as apposed to simply spiritually.

How about those who say the samething with other gods or goddesses? Does it mean they are false too? It can't be, afterall...they did feel his/her presence.

I'm not denying that God does not talk to people, but we gotta becareful these days.

Edited by Paladin D

One more thing I would like to point out. You say that God talks to you time to time (not saying He doesn't at all). You feel His presence a lot, and nothing will convince you otherwise, because you feel Him.

Well, then why can you claim that our belief in the Eucharist is false? (If I'm wrong, please correct me). Many Catholics feel Christ in the Eucharist, and have had wonderful expierences when consumed.

If you want to claim that Christ is not truely present within the form of bread and wine...why can't we say the samething about the presence of God in your life?

Jesus was real steve.

He was real and He set forth a new Church.

There are facts about that new Church.

Unless you are in the Church built by Christ, YOU CANNOT HAVE ALL THE FACTS!

If someone told you that you have instant noodles, and they lied or where wrong it was really instant rice, you would believe that it was instant noodles... but it wouldn't really be instant noodles, it would still be instant rice... your belief that the noodles are noodles does not hold up to the fact that you have instant rice.

God Bless,

ironmonk

your belief that the noodles are noodles does not hold up to the fact that you have instant rice.

Should read " Your belief that the rice you have is noodles does not make your rice into noodles, it will always be rice, no matter what you believe"

God Bless,

ironmonk