An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bible/math Lesson

JP2Iloveyou

To settle some confusion here, yes the substances change totally. Only the taste, smell, and appearance remain the same of that of bread and wine.

It is the Spirit that gives life... not the flesh.

It is the Holy Spirit that gives life to the waffer and wine at a Mass, when the Holy Spirit gives it life, it is no longer Bread and Wine.. but it IS the Flesh and Blood of Christ...

That's the first time I have had it explained like that! Sweet!

Thanks!

Unless we eat the Body and Drink the Blood, we will not have life in us.... It is only the Catholic Church that has the Real Pressence.

Actually, Iron, the Orthodox Churches also have the Real Presence; let's not forget that! ;)

Actually, Iron, the Orthodox Churches also have the Real Presence; let's not forget that!  ;)

But they are "Catholic" - schismatic... ;):P

They hold our faith, but are rebelious to the Pope. They would be the exception to the rule...

God Bless!

ironmonk

But they are "Catholic" - schismatic...  ;)  :P   

They hold our faith, but are rebelious to the Pope. They would be the exception to the rule...

I didn't know you meant it in that sense. I guess I'll shut up now. ;)

yes God could do that to bread and wine...

soooo... how come it doesn't tase, look, smell, feel like human flesh and blood if it becomes it????

And please don't ever say that the Holy Spirit is not present when we take communion... that is the most niave, ridiculous thing i've ever heard... I know that the Holy Spirit is present everytime i take communion.

It is only the Catholic Church that has the Real Pressence.

That's a bit of an uneducated, inexperienced, close minded statement as far as I concerned.

Iron MOnk, I commend you on your bite-sized post. Thankyou...

That's a bit of an uneducated, inexperienced, close minded statement as far as I concerned.

Only a Priest with vaild orders can Consecrate the bread and wine for it to become the Eucharist.

I say that you saying that shows lack of study into the matter... as, for what I stated goes back to the Apostles.

God Bless,

ironmonk

have you been me in my church and taken part in communion as i do??

How would you know that the spirit isn't present??

Because books tell you??

I don't think any book has been written thus far about my own personal spiritual journey so i fail to see how you can draw these conclusions.

God is present everywhere.

I didn't say the Holy Spirit was not present.

I said you do not have the Real Pressence in the Bread and Wine because only vaild Holy Orders from the Church establish by Christ can cansecrate the Eucharist.

God Bless,

ironmonk

can you also tell me which cd i have playing at the moment??

you can't tell me that i don't have something that only I would be able to know for myself...

i'm listening to the supertones live.

can you also tell me which cd i have playing at the moment??

you can't tell me that i don't have something that only I would be able to know for myself...

i'm listening to the supertones live.

Totally irrelevant.

what...?

so you can dictate my life to me over the internet??

cool.

You don't know who i am,. You can't prove that God isn't sitting beside me in person eating corn flakes right now...

I don't see how you all can think that what i know is real is somehow not real because the catholic church says it isn't.

If the catholic church said that i was female, you would believe that too... however, i noticed i wasn't this morning in the shower.

God is everywhere, and does appear to people. However, you run into two problems...

1) Anybody can claim God is right next to Him. If it be out of ignorance or deliberate. (I'm not saying He isn't, just pointing that thought out)

2) What purpose does that serve in this thread?

If the catholic church said that i was female, you would believe that too... however, i noticed i wasn't this morning in the shower.

That's nice that you cleared that up.

God Bless,

ironmonk