An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ironmonk

Robyn

Well I read that report and saw your website... all I want to comment on is that yeah it's sad about the minister who couldn't answer your questions, but he is only ONE of many ministers. And his gifting is Evangelism ...maybe you could ask a gifted Teacher the same questions and get a different response.

I'm confused...

How do you have a gift of "Evangelization", yet are unable to "evangelize" a Catholic who has some answers.

It had nothing to do with "teaching", because you CAN'T teach 2+2 = 5 and expect to get away with it.

I think his "gift" was being able to "preach to the choir". He's only able to pursuade people who ALREADY believe what he believes. What is the saying, "missery loves company". People like to get "fired" up about what they believe. So they go to get "inspired" by a person who has a gift (maybe - at most) in persuasive speach.

I remember a time (my younger years), when I would do something silly (most likely sinfull) and then tell others about it. Why tell others? It's comforting when others can affirm what you've done as "cool" or "good". So, these wayword sheep who think that they're "inspired" when they read the Gospel and believe that the Catholic Church is the "devil" are fueled when a "good speaker" affirms this.

So, all you took away from Iron's testamony was that the pastor "lost". Uh, that wasn't Iron's point. His point was that through constant research and an ardint desire for Truth, he was able to see through the smoke the Pastor was throwing up, and be lead to the Catholic Church!

Let me explain it to you very short and very precise. The more you learn about the Catholic Church (from official docs - not Chick tracks), the more you learn about history, the harder it is to deny the Truth that the Catholic Church is Christ's Church.