An Old School Catholic Message Board

Jesus Wept

Robyn

John 11:35 Jesus wept.

I'd love to tell you my interpretation of this verse, but sorry I'm "unlearned" and incapable of understanding it on my own.

Anybody here who is AUTHORISED to comment on this verse's interpretation? :huh:

John 11:35  Jesus wept.

I'd love to tell you my interpretation of this verse, but sorry I'm "unlearned" and incapable of understanding it on my own.

Anybody here who is AUTHORISED to comment on this verse's interpretation? :huh:

Robyn,

You are authorised to post your opinion, but it would only be your opinion. Your are also welcome to post your opion here too.

You are not authorised to post it as the 'correct' opinion of the Holy Spirit.

Robyn,

Do you believe Jesus is the son of God?

Do you believe He is God and man?

Do you believe He had an actual body of real material, flesh like ours?

I assure you these questions are relevant. If you wish to have a serious discussion, one in which I will refrain from insulting you, inDouche, will refrain from all invective, please answer these questions for me.

This thread is nothing but a sign of fusteration and fear. It's in man's nature to resort to crude sarcasm, and mockery when one has run out of ideas.

Trust me, I did the samething.

Paladin,

True enough, but some of the absolute contempt and rancor shown from our own side makes Robyn's response tit for tat.

Thus, I will attempt to have a civil conversation, one in shich I will use normal font size and color, and will avoid if possible any insulting speech.

This verse (which, BTW, is the shortest verse in the bible for all you trivia buffs) means just that, that Jesus cried. He had emotions, and among them was pain and sorrow. If I remember correctly, this verse comes right after Jesus found out that John the Baptist had died. Jesus and John were good friends, and when Jesus found out that he hand been beheaded (and the stupid reason behind it), he cried.

Peace and God Bless,

Willguy

ReformationNow

This thread is nothing but a sign of fusteration and fear.  It's in man's nature to resort to crude sarcasm, and mockery when one has run out of ideas.

Trust me, I did the samething.

True, but it happens on both sides. How do you account for that?

ryanmeyersmusic

Robyn, you're comparing apples and oranges here.

I've always hated that saying...

I mean, really, apples and oranges have a great deal in common. It should be something like "you're comparing sunlight and breath mints"

in fact, i think i'll start saying that...

This verse (which, BTW, is the shortest verse in the bible for all you trivia buffs) means just that, that Jesus cried.  He had emotions, and among them was pain and sorrow.  If I remember correctly, this verse comes right after Jesus found out that John the Baptist had died.  Jesus and John were good friends, and when Jesus found out that he hand been beheaded (and the stupid reason behind it), he cried.

Peace and God Bless,

Willguy

Right idea but wrong reason. His friend Lazurus had died.