An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rainbows..

Jake Huether

good one jmjtina.

Incest: scientifically/biologically we are all descended from one man and one woman.

Flood covering the world: who's world? From Noah's perspective (and even Moses') the world would only be the mediterranean and Asia Minor, if the flood extends over this then that's the world folks.

good one jmjtina.

Incest: scientifically/biologically we are all descended from one man and one woman.

Flood covering the world: who's world? From Noah's perspective (and even Moses') the world would only be the mediterranean and Asia Minor, if the flood extends over this then that's the world folks.

That's a good one. Hadn't thought of that. Humanity only inhabited a mere fraction of the "earth" as we know it today. If God wanted to wipe out the world today - the flood would NEED to cover the entire earth. But to wipe out humanity pre-Noah, it would have been much smaller.

Great point!

Ooooo. Actually... I take that back.

Gen 6:17.

I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish.

Nope - it had to be the entire earth. "EVERYTHING" on earth. Unless there were no animals or plant life on the continents of N./S. America, etc. (as we know them today).

Hmmmm... Still good thoughts.

ya but what I'm saying is that as far as Noah knew, God WAS destroying the whole earth by destroying everything Noah ever knew. He wouldn't have to bust up the whole earth in its entirety, just what Noah knew.

I've had the urge to do this since this thread started . . . it made me think of Kermit the Frog in The Muppet Movie!!

Why are there so many

Songs about rainbows

And what's on the other side

Rainbow's are visions

They're only illusions

And rainbows have nothing to hide

So we've been told and some chose to

Believe it

But I know they're wrong wait and see

Someday we'll find it

The Rainbow Connection

The lovers, the dreamers and me

All right, it's out of my system now. :lol: :lol:

I've had the urge to do this since this thread started . . . it made me think of Kermit the Frog in The Muppet Movie!!

Why are there so many

Songs about rainbows

And what's on the other side

Rainbow's are visions

They're only illusions

And rainbows have nothing to hide

So we've been told and some chose to

Believe it

But I know they're wrong wait and see

Someday we'll find it

The Rainbow Connection

The lovers, the dreamers and me

All right, it's out of my system now.  :lol:  :lol:

I can't believe you just posted that. Now its going to be in my head for the rest of the day. AAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

:P

I'm such a Muppets geek. I know the words to almost all of their songs.

Movin' right along in search of in search of good times and good

news, with good friends, you can't lose

This could become a habit....

i saw a rainbow the other day above the water right after it rained....

it was beautifulllllll....

B)

Did a green frog jump out??? :lol::lol: :lol:

Edited by Norseman82

littleflower+JMJ

oh yeah!

*jmj pats her jean pocket*

oh yeah i forgot to mention it was early in the morning, sun was shining and the beach was sparkling...

ahh....God is good, the greatest artist there ever was!

B)

+JMJ

Norseman, and others,

Sorry, I moved last weekend, so haven't been on line much. Anyway...

I'm at work, and would have to dig out my King James Bible, but I'm sure that as a Protestant Fundementalist I was taught that a permanent layer of water was in the atmosphere that that was called the firmament. I don't know, it could be true or it might not be.

Also, remember that all the people were living in basically one location at this time. This was before the tower of Babel split the languages.

The Navajos have a legend about the whole world being flooded, and only a few people being saved in a boat.

I like Kermit...

peace...