An Old School Catholic Message Board

*grin*

daugher-of-Mary

daugher-of-Mary

I just got home from my visit to the Carmelites this afternoon, and guess what???

Mother says she will gladly except me for entrance when I have finished with schooling even though it is unusual for some one so young to enter!!!

I was SO happy to be back with my Sisters again. I've been visiting for 3 years now, and it truly is HOME. Please pray that I spend the next 2 years preparing well for entrance. I'm SO UNWORTHY!!!!

Ok, just had to share that with my pham! :D

I was just thinking about an hour ago that you should be coming home from your trip today. I'm so glad it went well. That home feeling is wonderful, it helps a lot knowing where you are supposed to go. Knowing you will be accepted also has to put your mind at great ease. Now you just have to make it two years...it will be here before you know it though.

Thy Geekdom Come

Congratulations!

Where is the convent? Is it a total cloister?

The one near me is such that the nuns can't even touch their family members...

daugher-of-Mary

[quote]Where is the convent? Is it a total cloister?[/quote]

Holy Annunciation Monastery in Sugarloaf, PA. It is total cloister, but the Sisters do not take a 4th vow of papal enclosure which some orders do. When families visit, the grille in the parlour slides open and there is a partition about waist high, so the Sisters can give their families hugs but the separation remains.

[quote]I was just thinking about an hour ago that you should be coming home from your trip today. I'm so glad it went well. That home feeling is wonderful, it helps a lot knowing where you are supposed to go. Knowing you will be accepted also has to put your mind at great ease. Now you just have to make it two years...it will be here before you know it though. [/quote]

Thank you, Andrea! Did you also have the same feeling of "home" when you visited the SMMEs? It really is odd how you can visit many beautiful orders and then visit one that truly is home. The peace is overwhelming.

[quote name='daugher-of-Mary' date='Aug 23 2004, 01:16 PM'] Thank you, Andrea! Did you also have the same feeling of "home" when you visited the SMMEs? It really is odd how you can visit many beautiful orders and then visit one that truly is home. The peace is overwhelming. [/quote]
Yes...it was very comforting and makes the decision easier.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='daugher-of-Mary' date='Aug 23 2004, 01:16 PM']
Holy Annunciation Monastery in Sugarloaf, PA. It is total cloister, but the Sisters do not take a 4th vow of papal enclosure which some orders do. When families visit, the grille in the parlour slides open and there is a partition about waist high, so the Sisters can give their families hugs but the separation remains.

Thank you, Andrea! Did you also have the same feeling of "home" when you visited the SMMEs? It really is odd how you can visit many beautiful orders and then visit one that truly is home. The peace is overwhelming. [/quote]
Cool.

Congratulations. I admire what you are doing very much!