An Old School Catholic Message Board

* Deep Thoughts *

Cure of Ars

awww Phat, you and Cure are doing an awesome job !!! It's highly appreciated by those of us who use the reference section regularly. Thanks to both of yall ^_^

God Bless,
Jennie

Thanks StColette :D

Phatcatholic I tried to organize the prayer and devotion section. It's still not perfect but check it out when you got some time. Tell me what you think.

Phatcatholic, it looks like the index page is done. Am I right?

If so I think we should post in open mic and maybe the other forums and let people know that it now exists.

I could do this if you want but I think it would probably be better comming from you.

[quote name='Cure of Ars' date='Sep 14 2004, 04:56 PM'] Phatcatholic, it looks like the index page is done. Am I right?

If so I think we should post in open mic and maybe the other forums and let people know that it now exists.

I could do this if you want but I think it would probably be better comming from you. [/quote]
yea, its complete, not counting the two entries that are still under construction. i'll post about the index page in the other forums. also, i'll get back to u on the prayer/devotion page when i get home. i'm on a laptop right now and it would just be easier if i waited to get back to my desktop

It looks like we do not have a section on Buddhism in the Non-christian Religions section.

I was thinking that it might be better if we organized the Non-Christian section like you did with the sacrament section, listing each religion in the opening page. Just an idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Phatcatholic, I like what you did with the development of doctrine heading. Very streamlined, very polished.

I was also thinking that it might be better to combine the morality section one and two like you did for the sacrament section. Just a thought.

I was also thinking that we have a section of Vatican II and ultra-traditionalism, but we do not have anything for the other extreme "spirit of Vatican II"/cafeteria Catholicism type thing.

What do you think if I put links that deal mostly with philosophy under science and faith section?

What do you thing about another section under non-Christian religions for just other religions? Then when we have enough links we can make new heading. There have been some links on Buddhism that I do not know were to put them.

Let me know what you think.

[quote name='Cure of Ars' date='Sep 27 2004, 09:23 PM'] Phatcatholic, I like what you did with the development of doctrine heading. Very streamlined, very polished. [/quote]
its all about making things streamlined ;) i usually try to reduce the number of subheadings as much as possible.

[quote]I was also thinking that it might be better to combine the morality section one and two like you did for the sacrament section.  Just a thought. [/quote]
i agree. i'll do that.

[quote]I was also thinking that we have a section of Vatican II and ultra-traditionalism, but we do not have anything for the other extreme "spirit of Vatican II"/cafeteria Catholicism type thing.[/quote]
i was just thinking about that today actually. i agree that we need an entry on this, but i don't want to add any more entries until we update the entire reference section and fix all the broken links. i'm also gonna put a freeze on all additional links to the reference section as well.

[quote]What do you think if I put links that deal mostly with philosophy under science and faith section?[/quote]
that sounds good. actually, i may change the name of the entry to "science and philosophy", since nature and reason seem to go hand-in-hand.

[quote]What do you thing about another section under non-Christian religions for just other religions?  Then when we have enough links we can make new heading.  There have been some links on Buddhism that I do not know were to put them.[/quote]
that's cool. also, i agree that we should make the non-christian entry like the sacraments entry. so, i'll get on that. wait until i redo it before you add the new "Other Religions" section

thanks for the input. i think this will make the reference section better. tomorrow's my day off, so i'm going to try to finish the "prayer" and "traditionalism" entries. after that, i'm going to try and fix all the broken links. i'm going to close the "add a link" thread until all of this is complete.

also, we still need links on why it is important to go to mass, why it is an obligation, rather or not it is a mortal sin to miss.......things like that. this section is under the "eucharist" entry. so, if u can find any links for that, go ahead and add them.

--this is a reminder for myself--

still need to contact the leaders and group members of groups 1, 5, and 9 and see if they are still alive

--reorganized the "morality and ethics" entry
--moved "iglesia ni cristo" and "worldwide church of god" to the "non-catholic christians" entry. this also made room for the "non-christians" entry, which was out of room.
--decided to keep the "non-christian" entry as one page. if we broke them off, there wouldn't be enough info for the Comprehensive Arguments and Scripture References sections for each one.

phatcatholic

i made some major additions and revisions to the "Ultratradtionalism" entry. just need scripture references and ECF testimony and it will be done ;)

• 3 weeks later...

i managed to restore one of the greatest links in the entire reference section. early this year, www.lumengentleman.com took the article "Rescuing Romans from the Reformers" off of their website. i just about cried b/c its one of the greatest refutations of protestant arguments based on this book that i have ever read. anyway, today i remembered that if you go to www.archive.org you can see old versions of websites. so, i copied the link that i had, searched for it, and it came up! so, now i have for you the most recent version of the article before it was removed from the internet:

--[url="http://web.archive.org/web/20040227104740/http://www.lumengentleman.com/content.asp?file=rescuing_romans"][b]Rescuing Romans from the Reformers[/b][/url]

God is Good

Cure, don't make anymore changes. i'm about to fix the entire reference section. that will be my goal for the next week. i'll tell you when i'm done

Sola Scriptura entry is fixed.

also, Cure, i'm thinking of taking out the "quotes by phatmass members" section of each entry. i think it makes each entry to bulky. plus, the purpose of this section was to showcase the apologetical skill of our members. but i think the "tracts by phatmassers" entry does this just as well, and probably better.

do you have a huge objection to this?