An Old School Catholic Message Board

Strange Pleasures

Dave

How many people here like certain things that most other people hate? For example, I love the smell of nail polish and nail polish remover (no, not in THAT way!). I also, if I'm not in a hurry, enjoy getting stuck at railroad crossings when a train is coming. I enjoy observing the assortment of boxcars, flat cars, tank cars, hopper cars, gondolas, auto carriers, etc. that pass. A lot of times I'll even count the cars!

I LOVE the smell of chimneys burning. I like talking to people at phatmass, who I feel that I've known my whole life, when in reality I don't even know their voices (that's pretty weird - at least my wife thinks so). I like staring at the stars at night. And I enjoy just listening to nothing (the sound of nothing - you know). I think a lot of people are afraid to turn off the noise in their lives. The are afraid that they might hear their soul, and that it might condemn them. I love to listen to my soul (or at least try most of the time).

Ummmm . . . sorry, Jake and dUSt, but I was asking about things that you like that most other people would hate. The things y'all listed sound like stuff most people would like.

Ohhhhhh yes, KennC, I love liver and onions too! Many times I've gone to restaurants and ordered that, and the waitress has said, "You're the first young person I've seen to order that!"

Edited by Dave

Ummmm . . . sorry, Jake and dUSt, but I was asking about things that you like that most other people would hate.  The things y'all listed sound like stuff most people would like.

Hah! I know. But I just couldn't resist posting what I like.

Okay, okay...

Hmmmm. I like spending time in front of the the Blessed Sacrament, I like reading the Bible, I like being Catholic.

there - most people don't like that! Haha!

Oooo! Actually, I did post something that not many people like (in fact hate). I like listening to silence.

Anywho.

yah! Okay.

I like whistling - which is anoying to a lot of people.

i like the Brendan Leonard Show and most of my friends dont like it and i walso like James Dean like i am in love with James Dean :wub: :lol: B) :P ^_^ :blink:

Sarah :wub:

post-2-1063836586.jpg

he is a 19 year old guy that is has his own show on ABC Family and it is show out of nothing. i love it

i think the appeal for me is that him and i are the same age and when i am at home my friends and i act the same way. if we had a camera we would have a show like his.

Sarah :wub:

post-2-1063837464.jpg