**> Im Converting.....again.. <**

MorphRC

Hi All. I want to convert again...

:(

To the Byzantine Rite :P .

How do I go about this?? :D

Sorry if I gave ya a heart attack :sleep: :P

daugher-of-Mary

lol. You did scare me! :P In order to change rites you would have to write a letter to your RC Bishop and the Byzantine Bishop explaining your decision. Realize though, that you can only change Rites ONCE. Give it some serious thought and prayer. PM me if you want more info...I'm Byzantine Rite Catholic.

Fides_et_Ratio

Morph, you might run into a few "bumpers" depending on where you are.

I was told I should consider it, and speak with my Latin-rite priests further before officially making any decisions. But I could attend their liturgy at my leisure, or something along those lines... I really haven't spoken to that priest much since then. He didn't sound too excited.

It seems a lot of disgruntled "traditional" Latin-rite Catholics have, in the past years, converted to the Byzantine rite and many of them (sadly) are attempting to somewhat Latinize the beautiful Byzantine Liturgy. So they are somewhat hestitant to take on converts from the Latin-rite.

Ahh ok. I just feel I need to go that way. I dont know why, but it just appeals to me. Ive never had this feeling before, its kinda weird. :S

homeschoolmom

Couldn't you just attend the Divine Liturgy without changing rites? RussianGirl is (technically) a Byzantine Rite Catholic, although to my knowledge she's only been to DL once or twice. She regularly attends mass at a Latin Rite parish.

[quote name='T-Bone' date='Aug 28 2004, 04:43 AM'] What are the main differences between the Rites? [/quote]
Roman = West
Byzantine = East

Byzantine group their sacraments, Roman dont. The Catechism says that a person in the byzantine rite, can get 3 sacraments in the one celebration, I think.

daugher-of-Mary

Yup, that's right Morph. When I converted and was received into the Church, I was baptised, confirmed and received First Holy Communion all in the same day. The same goes for those born into a Catholic family...infants are baptised, confirmed, and receive Christ by receiving the Precious Blood.

Morph

you need to learn way more before you act on this.

You need to have more then a desire because it is mysterious and cool.

Though I am sure that you knew that.

Ave Maria,

James III

[quote name='daugher-of-Mary' date='Aug 28 2004, 05:15 AM'] Yup, that's right Morph. When I converted and was received into the Church, I was baptised, confirmed and received First Holy Communion all in the same day. The same goes for those born into a Catholic family...infants are baptised, confirmed, and receive Christ by receiving the Precious Blood. [/quote]
I thought I remembered it correctly :D

[quote name='Theoketos' date='Aug 28 2004, 01:20 PM'] Morph

you need to learn way more before you act on this.

You need to have more then a desire because it is mysterious and cool.

Though I am sure that you knew that.

Ave Maria,

James III [/quote]
Thanks to degrading my position to a 'teenage phase' <_<

[quote name='Philippe' date='Aug 28 2004, 01:23 PM'] wat are the advantages of being full fledged byzantine rite [/quote]
I prefer the cultural side, as well as the spiritual side.