An Old School Catholic Message Board

Copy And Paste

ironmonk

Some have implied if not stated that copy and pasting is a wrong on a debate board such as this.

If we were seeking our own glory, then copying and pasting would be wrong.

We're not posting for pay, a grade, or glory...

we post for the truth...

if someone else has articulated it better than we feel that we can, then copy and paste away...

it's all for the glory of God, not ourselves.

Those that say copying and pasting is wrong, maybe you are here for the wrong reasons... i.e. your own glory.

God Bless,

ironmonk

could you imagine typing our own words? I sometimes stutter......... :o

I always go to St. Augie and Karl Keating.............

Thank God for copying and pasting! And the resources! They are there for US to use to spread the TRUTH!!!!! B)

;)

jmjtina, phatmass. Personal Interview. September 17, 2003. <www.phatmass.com/phorum>

Ironmonk,

Sometimes a copy and paste does not address the specific question.

Sometimes it's way more information then was asked for and people then ignore it.

For example, if you ask your mom to go to the movies and she not only says no, but gives you a discourse on parental authority and the thematic elements of the movie she objects to, you would have tuned her out in 8 seconds.

Sometimes cut and past is good because it validates your thoughts with the authority of another who may be an expert, but it isn't always necessry and sometimes obscures the intent of your response.

Ironmonk,

Sometimes it's way more information then was asked for and people then ignore it.

For example, if you ask your mom to go to the movies and she not only says no, but gives you a discourse on parental authority and the thematic elements of the movie she objects to, you would have tuned her out in 8 seconds.

Sometimes cut and past is good because it validates your thoughts with the authority of another who may be an expert, but it isn't always necessry and sometimes obscures the intent of your response.

I totally agree. Personally, I don't copy and paste. I don't have anything against people that do, it's just that A) I don't have the time to read the long posts and I know others don't either and B) it is plagiarism and God said, "Thou shalt not steal." If you do have to copy and paste, make sure you site the source where you got it from. Sometimes, for convience sake, you can also just post the link.

If someone from Catholic Answers, for example, has done a wonderful job of addressing an issue that you are debating, give them credit for it. Possibly quote the important parts, or provide a link for the whole article. Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

Copy and paste.... it's great!!!!

Yay for Ctrl+C, ctrl+V

Home | The Store | Reading Room | The Phorum | Wallpaper | Music | Fun & Games | Celebrities | E-mail

PM Home Page Help Search Members Calendar

Logged in as: skuba steve ( Log Out ) My Controls · 0 new messages · View New Posts · My Assistant

phatmass phorum -> The Boards -> Debate Table -> Copy And Paste

Replying to Copy And Paste

Code Buttons

Guided Mode

Normal Mode FONT Arial Times Courier Impact Geneva Optima SIZE Small Large Largest COLOR Blue Red Purple Orange Yellow Gray Green Close all Tags

Open Tags:

Enter your Post

Clickable Smilies

Show All

Check Post Length · BB Code Help

Post Options Enable emoticons?

Enable signature?

Enable email notification of replies?

Post Icons

[ Use None ]

File Attachments

You may attach a file to this message.

Maximum file size: 50k

Last 10 Posts [ In reverse order ]

JP2Iloveyou Posted on Sep 18 2003, 07:05 AM

QUOTE (jasJis @ Sep 18 2003, 06:36 AM)

Ironmonk,

I totally agree. Personally, I don't copy and paste. I don't have anything against people that do, it's just that A) I don't have the time to read the long posts and I know others don't either and it is plagiarism and God said, "Thou shalt not steal." If you do have to copy and paste, make sure you site the source where you got it from. Sometimes, for convience sake, you can also just post the link.

If someone from Catholic Answers, for example, has done a wonderful job of addressing an issue that you are debating, give them credit for it. Possibly quote the important parts, or provide a link for the whole article. Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

jasJis Posted on Sep 18 2003, 06:36 AM

Ironmonk,

jmjtina Posted on Sep 17 2003, 10:33 PM

could you imagine typing our own words? I sometimes stutter.........

I always go to St. Augie and Karl Keating.............

Thank God for copying and pasting! And the resources! They are there for US to use to spread the TRUTH!!!!!

jmjtina, phatmass. Personal Interview. September 17, 2003. <www.phatmass.com/phorum>

Mc-Just† Posted on Sep 17 2003, 09:53 PM

Amen! I copy and Paste all the time.

Dave Posted on Sep 17 2003, 09:41 PM

bump

Dave Posted on Sep 17 2003, 08:28 PM

Amen, Iron!

Whoever has eyes to read this ought to read it carefully and thoroughly and consider it well!

ironmonk Posted on Sep 17 2003, 08:25 PM

Some have implied if not stated that copy and pasting is a wrong on a debate board such as this.

If we were seeking our own glory, then copying and pasting would be wrong.

We're not posting for pay, a grade, or glory...

we post for the truth...

if someone else has articulated it better than we feel that we can, then copy and paste away...

it's all for the glory of God, not ourselves.

Those that say copying and pasting is wrong, maybe you are here for the wrong reasons... i.e. your own glory.

God Bless,

ironmonk

Review the complete topic (launches new window)

[ Script Execution time: 0.8403 ] [ 16 queries used ] [ GZIP Enabled ]