An Old School Catholic Message Board

Does God Have A God

ayed

In the name Of Allah , the Most Compassionate, the Most Gracious

Dear my phatmass peers ,

I really missed you for being tackled up by my mam and dad accident..

Again, it pleases me to come over and post here . Praise be to Allah Who saved my parents alive and praise be to Him who will heal them.

Iesa(Jesus PBUH) is a prophet , a son of man, a teacher ect… sent by Allah to nation of Jews .

1-Iesa(Jesus PBUH)“but of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in Heaven, neither the son, but the Father." Mark 13:32

>>>Is Iesa all-knowing god ?

2-“I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." John 5:30

>>>Is Iesa all-powerful god?

3-“… to my God and your God."(John 20:17)

Does god have God?

Thank you in advance,

Ayed

:)

ayed4all@hotmail.com

Hi Ayed,

Praise God that your parents are OK!

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, Jesus (sorry, I prefer calling him Jesus rather than Iesa) is an all-knowing God. However, Jesus is both fully God and fully man. Thus, He has a human will and knowledge as well as a divine will and knowledge. In light of this, when Jesus said that not even the Son knows the day or the hour, He's referring to his human knowledge. His divine knowledge already knows the day and the hour, though. So how can a divine knowledge and will coexist with a human knowledge and will? It's a mystery.

2. Yes, Jesus is an all-powerful God. But again, we have Jesus having merely human powers as well as divine powers. And the two coexist. Besides, Jesus' divine will and the Father's will are one and the same. In addition, by living as one of us, Jesus showed us how to live. His one desire was to do His Father's will, and so he gave us an example of how we are to do that, thus forsaking our own will.

3. In the 3rd passage you refer to, Jesus is referring to the Father. That's where He's returning -- to His Father.

Edited by Dave

Welcome back Ayed! I'm so glad that your parents are okay.

I was about to respond, but David said what I would have (and he most definitly said it much better).

I hope you are able to search for the other threads we were dialoguing in? I think I had posted some questions / comments after you left.

Take care.

Ayed,

Dave pretty much took care of your answers, but I have a question for you as well.

Both the Bible and the Koran claim that Jesus was born of a virgin. The Koran and the Bible also make mention of John (Yahya in Arabic), the son of Zachariah and his barren wife (in the Bible, John is the one who foretells of Jesus). Thew Koran also calls Jesus the Messiah (Surah 3 Ayat 45), which is a Hebrew word meaning "the annointed"?

Why would Jesus, who in Islam is only a prophet, have such a blessing as be born of a vigin with one to foretell his coming and Mohammed, Islam's greatest prophet, be born a normal birth?

Peace and God Bless,

Willguy