An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayer

Paladin D

the original question.. how do we know when we are really praying? By faith. God likes to test us sometimes, hence giving us a feeling of dryness during prayer. God wants us to know he hears our prayers no matter if we feel like we are praying or not.. St. Therese knew this very well I believe, and honestly this still gets me all the time! But we have to remember Its in whats in our hearts that matters :)

God bless!

the original question.. how do we know when we are really  praying? By faith. God likes to test us sometimes, hence giving us a feeling of dryness during prayer. God wants us to know he hears our prayers no matter if we feel like we are praying or not.. St. Therese knew this very well I believe, and honestly this still gets me all the time! But we have to remember Its in whats in our hearts that matters :)

God bless!

Amen, Tony! And welcome! Be sure to introduce yourself in the check-in thread.

littleflower+JMJ

the original question.. how do we know when we are really  praying? By faith. God likes to test us sometimes, hence giving us a feeling of dryness during prayer. God wants us to know he hears our prayers no matter if we feel like we are praying or not.. St. Therese knew this very well I believe, and honestly this still gets me all the time! But we have to remember Its in whats in our hearts that matters :)

God bless!

GREAT answer tony!!

which st. therese are you talking about... little flower St.therese?

:D :D

welcome tony!!

:D

Paladin, I recently found a wonderful little book that I had wire bound for easy perusal and is small enough to fit in my purse. It is called Pocket Prayer Book compiled by John O'Holohan, S.J. Here is a link to it on Borders

I have found it the most useful, resourceful, Catholic, easiest prayer book ever!!! It has everything in it and it's cheap ($4.95 on Borders) and it's CATHOLIC!

Anywhoo, "Let your hope keep you joyful, be patient in your troubles, pray at all times." (Romans 12:12)

I hope this helps. Prayerfully, Edited by moderator: personal information

Edited by Lil Red