An Old School Catholic Message Board

*****i Have A Questio- Please Help!*****

curtins

[quote name='curtins' date='Aug 29 2004, 11:08 AM'] wait- you said its morrally right for me to listen to the cd i download- ONLY BECAUSE IM BUYING IT- RIGHT?????

oh my tradition- last year on the first day of school i listened to the same cd cuz that was when i was gettin into punk rock for like the 1st time

its not really a tradition- just more like remembering the past good memories-music helps you do that you know?

i dont see how that could be sinful [/quote]
But you are putting that CD before other things. I say you don't listen to the CD regardless of if you buy or don't buy the CD. You are almost making it into an idol...

[quote]Cause i really need to have this cd for my first day at school[/quote]

[quote]and i need it wednesday morning[/quote]

And so forth...

Do you really need this CD? You are getting so worked up over the listening to this CD on the bus that you may be neglecting other things that are by far more important. If you just happened to have the CD and listened to it, that would be different, but you are obessive with this "tradation" and quite possibly losing sight. Do this instead, pray the Rosary. It will set your sights and cannot become a false god.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='MorphRC' date='Aug 29 2004, 11:26 AM'] Its not immoral, if the company is immoral ;) [/quote]
One evil doesn't excuse another.

[quote name='curtins' date='Aug 29 2004, 04:01 PM'] no dude im not making it into an idol-

i think ur taking it al ittle bit far [/quote]
Maybe I am...

But some of your Paltalk comments may justify it.

I am refering to comments in a strain simlar to this...

[quote]I don't care that they support [i]abortion[/i] I am going to listen to them, I [i]like their music.[/i][/quote]

I am thinking that you are getting some bad proirties in your life with this music thing. Yes, I listen to music. And as far as I know none of the bands I listen to support abortion. If I found out that one did would I keep listening to it? Probly (seeing as it has yet to happen I cannot say with 100 sureness) not. The lives of the unborn are more important than some music. By listening to, buying really, their music you are indirectly supporting abortion. That is just like voting for Kerry or giving someone money to give to PP.

So am [i]I[/i] taking your comments about music too far or are [i]you[/i] not seeing the whole picture?

[quote name='MorphRC' date='Aug 29 2004, 10:26 AM'] Its not immoral, if the company is immoral ;) [/quote]
Micah and I *gasp* agree.

This is the type of argument that killing doctors who preform abortions is okay. A sin in retrubition for a sin doesn't get you anywhere but a cycle of sin.

jacob- thats why I pretty much buy my cds off half.com- its cheaper and the money doesnt go to the artist

and that goes back to the boycott debate

but its not just SOME music- like music is like huge to me

Edited by curtins

[quote name='curtins' date='Aug 29 2004, 05:47 PM'] jacob- thats why I pretty much buy my cds off half.com- its cheaper and the money doesnt go to the artist

and that goes back to the boycott debate

but its not just SOME music- like music is like huge to me [/quote]
Curtins, it is not a matter of if your money goes to the artist or not. They support abortion and you are creating a market for their work. Plus you are telling the person you are buying it from "Yes, it is okay to pay someone who supports abortion."

With lukewarm commitment to a cause like what you are advocating here how can you resoanable except change?

dude- the ppl arnt buy cds at 15 bucks an sellin them for 4

again- the boycott issue

thats like lets say you wanna buy a box of cereal- you go and investigate EVERY person that works to make the cereal on the shelf- the suppermarket (their employees) the cereal company (their employees) the farmers the box makers

and if ONE person in all those probably THOUSANDS of ppl donate to planned parrenthood- you dont buy the box of cereal

I mean what are you gonna do?? grow youre own food?? even then youll have to make sure that the ppl who make gardening supplies dont give to abortion

im not giving any of MY money to artists who then in turn may give to abortion

I guess that also means that I cant buy their t-shirts etc. well i can get those off ebay

no biggie

ebay = good thing for ppl who dont wanna support abortion

but really dude- theres so many companies and ppl that give to pro death org. you cant stop it.

taxes pay gov't workers- lets say one of them gives to planned parent hood- do u stop paying your taxes????

Look dude- i hate abortion as much as you

but you cant stop all ur money from goin to pro choice org.

I pray everyday to an end of abortion

and look dude- u support kerry rather than bush

whos gonna end abortion more likely???? come on man