An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can You Help?

Mrs. Bro. Adam

Jesus is a good guy but he is firmly nailed to the cross.

... I personaly love this one when I see or hear it, .. a very telling statement. I am coming to believe that people who site claims such as this are purely surface Christians who have little or no depth to their beliefs. They read or hear things about the Church and merely parrot them about the web. Our friend Marc must never have attended Holy week or Easter Vigil.

Ken

Oooooo! I hope Marc comes here. He is really, really, REALLY (did I say REALLY) ignorant of the Catholic faith.

Yeah, I was raised Catholic since BIRTH (24 years) and I STILL don't know ALL the teachings and what they mean.

For him to say that he knows ALL about Catholicism from 12 years of experience (not to mentinon isn't 7 the age of reason? - I'll come back to that) is ignorant in itself.

And the fact that he counts age 5 as a year in which he was able to KNOW about a faith, disproves the theory of an "age of reason" where one must reach that age in order to be validly baptised.

Urrr. God please grant Marc insight and peace.

UhRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! How frustrating!

I refuse to reply (well I can't anyway - I forgot my password!).

But anyway. Here's what I wrote and Marc's response!

Yes, please Marc, visit this site. You will learn so much about the Catholic faith that you don't know.

You stated that you know everything about what Catholics believe in as little as 12 years (starting that count from age 5!). But I can tell you, I've been a Catholic my whole life (24 years) and I don't know EVERYTHING there is to know!

However, what I do know to be true (by learning the official Teachings of the Church - and not simply observing what the memebers of the Church, sinners, do) completely contradicts what you are saying.

I would encourage all of the bord members here to visit the phatmass.com forum in order to hear from the horses mouth what the Catholic Church really teaches.

1) We don't place mary equal to Jesus. She is infinitly below Jesus, though a step above us (being in heaven now, not to mention being the Mother of our Savior).

2) Mary did not ASCEND into heaven. She was ASSUMED into heaven. The difference being: Jesus ascended - to ascend is to "go up" - under his own DIVINE authority. Mary was assumed - to be assumed is to be "taken up" - by the authority of Jesus. When we are united with our bodies, in the resurection of the dead, our body's will be assumed into heaven, like Mary's.

3) Mary's being concieved without sin doesn't in any way shape or form make her divine. Catholics (those that know the faith) understand this. She was saved just like You and I. Although, she was saved pre-emptively. Like the fact that I've never taken drugs. Jesus saved me from taking them before I ever did! Mary was saved from sin, before she ever did! She herself said, "My Spirit has rejoiced in God my SAVIOR!". She affirms that Jesus was necessary for HER salvation. But that doesn't negate her sinlessness!

4) On to the Saints. Yes we all are saints. However, when Catholic says Saint, (with a capital S) we are refering to the Church Triumphant, those members of the Body of Christ that are in Heaven. We, the saints on earth, are the Church Militant. We are the army of Christ, bringing the Gospel to all nations! We seek to make Church Triumphant's out of all the saints on earth!

Without trying to explain all the Catholic teachings in one post (I'd be here for years), I will leave you with this:

From what I have read in your responses, you are far from knowing (or understanding) what Catholics believe. Please join the site listed above!

I believe this site here is devoted to knowing the Truth. And as such, there should be no stumbling blocks in your way to understanding the Catholic Church - which is the "Pillar and Foundation of Truth".

God bless you - In Christ Jesus, our ONE and ONLY Savior!

Edited by jake (09/20/03 02:42 PM)

Post Extras:       

Marc 

Original 50 

Reged: 10/14/02 

Loc: Australia 

Catholicism  [Re: jake]      #28702 - 09/20/03 07:47 PM Edit  Reply  Quote   

At work there is a guy who is into Satanism.

Now the times I spoke to him, he assured me that they have nothing to do with the church of Satan as in worshipping Satan. Not for a moment!

And he went on to explain how in fact this is a man made religion started by some guy who disappointed by the hypocrisy of Christians, started this movement that in fact only worship themselves. It is a group for personal advancement, and a cult to one's own ego. Nothing I say seems to make him see that Satan is more astute then showing himself in his true colours.

He also offers me different web pages to "learn more about it"

My dear Jake, you are 24 and I respect your short age. I am however 54 and have seen horses throw up.

If you believe that Jesus sacrifice saved you and that if you hypothetically passed away now, you would go to heaven, I suggest you change churches, "Come out of her, my people! Run for your lives! Run from the fierce anger of the LORD"

Your short attempt at explaining Mariolatry only reaffirms that the Catholic faith is a man made time crafted doctrine designed to divert the masses from a relationship with Jesus, with no scriptural base whatsoever only documented with traditional apocrypha writings, or mainly self supporting interpretations.

Your idea that some Catholics "do the wrong thing by worshiping idols" and the one in the know actually have a sane doctrine is very strange.

It is the Catholic doctrine and hierarchy that leads people astray and stop them from becoming Christians, by inventing idolatry and by incorporating pagans and pagan rituals over and over throughout history and world wide, in a syncretic approach to fill the churches with church goers who think they are pleasing God just by being there, not to mention hiding and promoting internal cults like Opus Dei, Masonry or the Ambrosian Bank that have a lot to do with the occult and nothing with the scriptures

One thing you are right though, a few Catholics are actually Christians and have seen the truth among the many smoke and mirror tricks their church and leaders play. Good for them and for you if you are one of them!

Still, there is no point for you to remain in such place if you know the truth, just as it would be detrimental to your spiritual well being if you congregate in a JW church or a Mormon one.

I wish you all the best, and hope the Holy Spirit will lead you in the right direction.

I must tell you that I will not check out the web site you offered me, and this not because of some false pride. Many years ago, before you were even born I have done some diligent research and what I found was very unpleasant, and I don't think a new search is needed, not for me anyway.

I lived in a part of the world where the Catholic Church supported mass murder of dissidents by military rule and that ruled with their bishops and your Pope's blessing. After all even Hitler had the C.Church on his side whilst it was politically correct, supporting anti-Semitism on the grounds that "The Jews killed Jesus"

If I come through a bit strong, I apologise, since I do not know you personally. Please understand that the Catholic Church is different according to the country it is in yet their agenda is the same, centralised in the Vatican, and I am well aware that the same church harbours also many good people, who are blissfully unaware that they are being manipulated. 

He's built up a brick wall of lies! He won't even look for the truth. He dosn't care who tells him what the Church REALLY teaches. He's comfortable believing the lies he was told by his pastor (or whoever).

Oh Lord, Worker of Miracles, bring Marc here to know the Truth about your BRIDE.

It is amazing to me that someone can think like that.

I'm telling him what I've been taught, and what I've learned about the Church - Yet he thinks I'm being lied to by the Church, and that the Church "secretly", "really" teaches something else. Hmmm. If the Church "secretly" taught something else, I'd like to know then who it is that she's teaching these "secret" things, cause I sure don't know anything about it. And in order for a lie to be effective, shouldn't it NOT be a secret? And if I'm being lied to by the Church, why would the Church "lie" to us by telling us the Truth! Hehehe.

Uh... Is there something wrong with that?

littleflower+JMJ

:( how sad how one can built walls of stone around them and never allow themselves to see the Light or Truth of the Catholic Church because of it.

we must pray for him, he sounds like his been hurt or lied to and focuses now how evil the whole Church is. :(

i think theres more to it then just "i'm older and wiser" :(

lets all say a hail mary for him today! :) and for all our separated brothers and sisters in Christ!

+JMJ

Hi Jake;

We must be in the wrong Church then, it's the only explanation. Someone needs to now point me to this true Catholic Church that teaches Jesus is still dead nailed to a Cross somewhere etc ....

(... i think theres more to it then just "i'm older and wiser") ... and wouldn't Marc love for you to believe this!!

Peace, Ken

:( how sad how one can built walls of stone around them and never allow themselves to see the Light or Truth of the Catholic Church because of it.

we must pray for him, he sounds like his been hurt or lied to and focuses now how evil the whole Church is.  :(

i think theres more to it then just "i'm older and wiser" :(

lets all say a hail mary for him today!  :)  and for all our separated brothers and sisters in Christ!

+JMJ

THis is an example of invincible ignorance.

And yet with our prayers and fasting there is still hope.

Think we could have him exorcised by email?

Edited by cmotherofpirl

UhRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!  How frustrating!

I refuse to reply (well I can't anyway - I forgot my password!).

Thanks for going over there Jake. You're a saint! (I don't know if you use that compliment in English....I mean they use it in Latin America, and for us Catholics it has double the meaning!! Anyway, since you understand Spanish....Eres un santo, Jake!!)

THIS MAKES ME MAD!!! Call me hot-tempered or whatever, but those 54 years the guy's lived have built up such walls of ignorance it's INCREDIBLE!! It's one of those people who think they've "seen it all" and "know it all". And he IS refusing to come to phatmass out of pride.......OH, THIS MAKES ME MAD!!!! :angry::angry:

Sorry, just had to get this outa my system.... :blink:

Thanks for going over there Jake. You're a saint! (I don't know if you use that compliment in English....I mean they use it in Latin America, and for us Catholics it has double the meaning!! Anyway, since you understand Spanish....Eres un santo, Jake!!)

THIS MAKES ME MAD!!! Call me hot-tempered or whatever, but those 54 years the guy's lived have built up such walls of ignorance it's INCREDIBLE!! It's one of those people who think they've "seen it all" and "know it all". And he IS refusing to come to phatmass out of pride.......OH, THIS MAKES ME MAD!!!! :angry::angry:

Sorry, just had to get this outa my system.... :blink:

ditto.

I hate when they use that "I'm older than you" stuff. Didn't Jesus say that he would reveal things to infants anyway - so why would they even want to say that?

Oh well. He's got my prayers.

ditto.

I hate when they use that "I'm older than you" stuff. Didn't Jesus say that he would reveal things to infants anyway - so why would they even want to say that?

Oh well. He's got my prayers.

We need to find Likos and send him over there. That way that guy won't be able to use the "age and experience" thing against you.

You know, his absolute ignorance and refusal to even look at someone else's link reminds me of the Palenstinians who teach their children that Israel is made up, when they themselves took Israel off the maps and put Palestine there instead. And then they point to their maps to show that Israel is illegitimate.

Also reminds me of an upset child who puts his fingers in his ears and yells "I'm not listening!!!!"

I don't care if you are Catholic, Christian, Muslim, black, blue or purple. This kind of behavior is the sort that keeps fueling hatred and the root of the problem.

We need to find Likos and send him over there. That way that guy won't be able to use the "age and experience" thing against you.

Amen! Not to mention, Likos knows so much more than me. He would blow that guy out of the water! LOL.