An Old School Catholic Message Board

Over React

foundsheep

You did good, she needs to respect your wishes when it comes to your child. And your right, this age the child dosen't need to be influenced by what we consider wrong, but the point is despite the religious stuff, its your child and its your strict right to where your child goes and sees.

IcePrincessKRS

by the way its dad. lol

Good job Dad! ;)

Anna is my Mama, and I remember the incident she mentions above very clearly. It was AWFUL!

foundsheep you did well. Your sister could have called you. Since he's making his first communion, I'm sure it was attack on him. He'll be recieving the Body and Blood of Christ and eternal life as well as the sacrament of Reconciliation. You have our prayers for you and your family! B)

May God Bless ya'll!!!!

Wow, so nice to see a Dad being a pillar of Faith to his family!

Sorry for the gender confusion there...

But you did the right thing. Your children's spiritual formation is your utmost, God-given duty. Let no one usurp it, though many may try.

Pax Christi. <><

Thy Geekdom Come

Absolutely not! Especially since the words of your sister were, "The Catholic Church is wrong". It seems obvious to me that she wants to "save" your child and undermine you as a parent.

I wish that fundamentalists weren't always so darn militant and sneaky and to take a child without parental consent to an extremely liberal fundamentalist sect.

I've converted a Pentecostal to Catholicism before, and let me tell you that it is difficult. He's in RCIA now, but they have to get through a LOT of anti-Catholic bigotry and propaganda to see the light!

You were correct in everything you did

Truth is usually the great casuality when we try to be "nice"

I respect the dynamic witness and upbeat worship of the Pentecostal Churches as well as their commitment.

As Catholics though we have to speak the truth in charity and stand up for the teaching of our Church which is the fullest expression of Christ's teaching.