An Old School Catholic Message Board

:(

dUSt

homeschoolmom

Yeah... that's a bummer.... the Twin Cities is one of Northwest's major hubs and if we lost them, it'd be a bad thing.

I hope things work out for you..

"You Lord are all I have,
You give me all I need,
My future is in Your hands."

Edited by qfnol31

[quote name='Tony' date='Sep 8 2004, 02:13 PM'] Pardon my ignorance, but are you out of a job right now?

You have my prayers either way :) [/quote]
No, I'm not. As far as I know right now, I'm not one of the ones that'll be losing their job. :huh:

[quote name='dUSt' date='Sep 8 2004, 02:25 PM'] No, I'm not. As far as I know right now, I'm not one of the ones that'll be losing their job. :huh: [/quote]
Wow -- that's pretty amazing that you're not losing your job, dUSt.

Our local business journal just sent out an e-mail brief about Delta:

"Delta Air to cut as many as 7,000 jobs

As locally based ATA Holdings Inc. and Arlington, Va.-based US Airways Inc. search for ways to avoid landing in bankruptcy, Delta Air Lines Inc. also is trying to avert a crash landing. The airline, which called bankruptcy "a real possibility," said it will cut as many as 7,000 jobs--about 12 percent of its work force--as part of a plan to cut $5 billion in costs by 2006, Bloomberg News reported. Delta, the third-largest U.S. airline, will cease most flights at its Dallas-Fort Worth base and expand operations in Atlanta, Cincinnati and Salt Lake City, CEO Gerald Grinstein said in a speech to employees over the Internet."