An Old School Catholic Message Board

(old Movie) The Ring

Guest Gurly_07

how many ppl had nightmares?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought it was a good creepy flick -didn't give me nightmares, though - most things don't. Beginning and end were good - the middle dragged a bit. I think the back story was what made this particularly scary beyond the shock effects - that was one scary little girl, even before she became a ghost! The movie also made things like telephones and T.V. sets scary. I still haven't watched the Japanese original.

This film was horrible. It's the scariest I've ever seen, scarier than the Exorcist (ok, I am a wimp...) The bit where she climbs out of the... *shudders*

I haven't seen Ringu and I don't want to! :ph34r:

Is it bad that I love this movie? :unsure: The only thing that bothered me was after she climbed out of the tv and was standing there, and just suddenly jumped closer, almost without moving. I jumped me :ph34r:

[quote]It's the scariest I've ever seen, scarier than the Exorcist (ok, I am a wimp...) [/quote]

The Excorcist barely phased me, actually. Maybe I'm just desensitized. :cyclops:

Nightmares?
I've never had nightmres as a result of a movie, certainly not The Ring.

Anyway, which version of Ring are youse actually talking about, the Japanese original or the American remake?

On a side note, Ring 2 is being made.

The Ring was one scary movie, I could hardly watch it, I had my eyes closed the whole time, but it didn't give me night mares.

wow, now I can hardly remember what it was about, I just remember something about horses falling off a boat, and the creepy little girl.

I laughed my but off, the music compliments what's going on very well as it shreeks making the sound travel down your spine, but I'm not easily scared :freak:

really, funny, to see how some people see this as a comedy lol, because thats what most horror movies are now, basicially theres no such thing anymore.

Well i thought it was a great horror movie kept me entrenched and had a better story plot then most altho it still did not give me nightmares. Even the exorcist did not freak me out all that much.

The thing is the Horror Era, is at its lowest, ever, thats why there trying to get back to the basics, like Dracula, Zombies, Slasher Films.

Trouble is, there spawning more bad films, and less good films, or maybe there spawning just as many good films as bad, but the good ones hardly go noticed, while the bad ones are feed with attention.

Slasher films aren't like they used to be, alot of people can agree on that.

Horror in general, isn't like it used to be.