An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dialogue. Not Debating, Just Dialoguing!

Anna

Hmmmm. Come on, this isn't that hard...

Or, is it too boring?

We need to start somewhere, people!

I was always taught that God created man in His own image when he infused in man the ability to use reason. He gave man a gift above all the other creatures: intellect, and an eternal soul.

We use our intellect when exercising our free will. We can choose to follow Him, or to reject Him.

Though we'd like to claim that we follow Him, the fact is obvious, that often we make the wrong choices, follow our own will and not God's Will, and offend Him. Even Adam and Eve did this. They reasoned wrongly, and listened to the serpent's deceitful trickery. They made a choice contrary to what God had instructed them.

Do I get a peanut?

A lot of things...

We are created.

We are created in and for relationship with God and others.

We are persons and thereby possess a certain dignity.

We have the capacity for "self-knowledge, of self-possession and of freely giving himself and entering into communion with other persons" (Catechism, no. 357).

We have the ablility to share in the work of God through procreation, dominion over the earth, etc.

There's more, but I have to go...

I believe that we are images of God, especially in the sense that we are made by His hands to be instruments of His will, and ultimately of His love and peace in the world.

Miracles don't always appear "miraculous"--they happen every day, all the time, through God's eternal goodness. If we just stop to look around, quiet our minds against the raging of the day, He is all around us, performing miracles.

Cells dividing, plants growing, babies born, wind blowing, stars twinkling--He is in us and everything and we are in Him. We perform some of His miracles everyday, like caring for an old person or saving a person's life because of an amazing new kind of surgery.

God is so GOOD! ^_^

trust in Him,

~TF~