An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Debate Table Rule...

dUSt

"ARE YOU READY FORĀ  A WAR!!"

haha, don't get your hopes up.. I just took a look at what was moved into the Back Alley and I was a bit surprized at what was back there.

mp,

I just opened the Back Alley. Continue the trad discussion there. This is now a non-issue.

God bless.

The people are a apart of the church dUSt. So it stands to reason that what is in their minds is also within the church.

Look, I agree with the part about authority. We could all follow authority a little better. But I was beginning understand what Cmom was saying and in doing so was aligning my thoughts in such a way. Does that make any sense? The thing is is this. If someone has a misunderstanding about church teaching where is the benefit of not discussing it? How is that person going to come to a better understanding. Sure they could go talk to their Preist, or they may chose to come here where they feel more comfortable. Just because there is a debate that might come out of a discussion doesn't mean that those that are discussing it are questioning the Church's authority. They may be just as missinformed as well, and could surely benifit from such a discussion. See what I'm saying?

Anyway, I've got to be the world worst speaker so it probably makes no sense.

Edited by mp15

The people are a apart of the church dUSt. So it stands to reason that what is in their minds is also within the church.

Look, I agree with the part about authority. We could all follow authority a little better. But I was beginning understand what Cmom was saying and in doing so was aligning my thoughts in such a way. Does that make any sense? The thing is is this. If someone has a misunderstanding about church teaching where is the benefit of not discussing it? How is that person going to come to a better understanding. Sure they could go talk to their Preist, or they may chose to come here where they feel more comfortable. Just because there is a debate that might come out of a discussion doesn't mean that those that are discussing it are questioning the Church's authority. They may be just as missinformed as well, and could surely benifit from such a discussion. See what I'm saying?

Anyway, I've got to be the world worst speaker so it probably makes no sense.

mp if you have a question you can email me.

No point at all.

Just trying to see if you understand were I'm coming from.

Yes. I understand. I've understood even before I made the decision. I understand the need for open dialogue within the Church. I understand that we must do something about liturgical abuses. I wish we could get every priest and bishop to conform to the authority of the Church and uphold tradition. I want teenagers to be more impressed with reverence and the Real Presence than with the charisma of the homily or excitement of the music.

I do not want to debate these things on phatmass. There are more productive methods for accomplishing intra-Church issues.

dUSt,

"Donna, please clarify" how I think you were being dishonest.

To clarify: There have been many more outrageous threads than Quo Primum

in the few months I have been here. And usually there would be some kind of warning before abruptly pulling the plug.

But the many replies on this thread, after I'd initially posted, explain more

about your reasons. I am in complete agreement with you that Tradition/Concilliar

issues are generally not suitable for those young in the Faith; or maybe rather

that they (and a number of issues can come up) would be best dealt with

one at a time, over a period of time, and with much prayer.

That is an ideal; it may play out differently in real life.

Once again, I think the Back Alley compromise is an excellent one.

Thank you, dUSt.

Why? Because I haven't made a place for it. The Debate Table is a place for those that disagree with a teaching of the Catholic Church. It was created for Catholic vs non-Catholic dialogue.

As soon as I feel that it would benefit the Church to have a place for Catholic vs Catholic dialogue, I'll create a board for it.

God bless.

good rule.

Traditionalists/modernists both go against the Church... so I think it would be very easy to follow this rule.

People who want to say that Vatican II was not a council, or that a Mass is not a Mass when the Vatican says it is, are going against Church teachings.

People who want the Church to change morals (i.e. Call to action), are going against Church teachings.

God Bless,

ironmonk

Don John of Austria

All orthodox Catholics are traditionalist, Tradition is one of the three sources of Truth with Scripture and the Magisterium.