An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Gay People Run Wild And Freeee

FreeSoul

Pretty good.

It kinda leaves some things to be desired though.

I suppose by her frequenting the Eucharist and Adoration she implies that she is living chastely. However, no mention was made of trying to "correct" her dissorder. Even so, no mention was even made of living "chaste lives".

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt (at least she's staying in the Church). But to recieve Jesus in the Eucharist in the state of mortal sin is very grave inDouche.

If she is implying that being gay (activly) is acceptable by the Catholic Church then she is sadly mistaken.

If she is not - then bravo!

It's not a sin to have a homosexual orientation, but it IS a sin to act on it. The Church accepts all people, but it doesn't accept immoral behavior. Your friend didn't say whether or not she's committed to living chastely or whether she accepts the Church's teachings about it. In addition, she could be giving scandal by being involved in gay groups like Out on Campus (or whatever it's called). The purpose of such groups is to affirm and accept not just homosexuals, but their behavior as well.

This causes me to wonder, the Catholic church doesn't accept the sexual behaviour of a gay person, and calls them to live chaste lives, but it seems to me that this young lady has a lot of growing to do, the vibe I get from the article is that she isn't really ashamed of being gay and she's quite happy to promote it and bring people out of the closet, yet, as said before, she's involved in that Homosexual group on Campus, which isn't religious in anyway, so in some ways, it's like she's twisted the church's teachings to allow her a loop hole to continue with at least supporting even in a minute way, the behaviour of gay people.

Also, the wearing of the rainbow symbol, why? I mean, why does anyone need to know she's gay if the church is calling her to chasity. Being gay is not a sin, it's the behaviour associated with it, and the rainbow is often flaunted around as a gay liberation flag, so, why the, wear something that implies your sin?

Anyway, I think she has a lot of growing and maturing to do in her church and under the guidance of God.