An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Therese Novena

littleflower+JMJ

littleflower+JMJ

follow the novena, i will post the prayer for that day and you read it, meditate on it, pray and then pray the concluding prayers that are below. her feastday is on October 1st!! its not too late!

pray for all your intentions, for our Heavenly Father, the Holy Mother Church, our phatmass phamily, all souls in purgatory, world peace, for abortion to come to an end, the repentance of souls, the conversion of sinners amen.

St. Therese of the child Jesus, Pray for us!!!

header_left2.gifrose.gif

Miraculous Invocation to St. Therese

O Glorious St. Therese, whom Almighty God has raised up to aid and inspire the human family, I implore your Miraculous Intercession. You are so powerful in obtaining every need of body and spirit from the Heart of God. Holy Mother Church proclaims you "Prodigy of Miracles... the greatest saint of Modern Times." Now I fervently beseech you to answer my petition (mention here) and to carry out your promises of spending heaven doing good on earth... of letting fall from Heaven a Shower of Roses. Little Flower, give me your childlike faith, to see the Face of God in the people and experiences of my life, and to love God with full confidence. St. Therese, my Carmelite Sister, I will fulfill your plea "to be made known everywhere" and I will continue to lead others to Jesus through you.

Amen.

My Novena Rose Prayer

O Little Therese of the Child Jesus,

please pick for me a rose from the heavenly gardens

and send it to me as a message of love.

O Little Flower of Jesus,

ask God to grant the favors I now place

with confidence in your hands . .

(Mention specific requests)

St. Therese, help me to always believe

as you did in God's great love for me,

so that I might imitate your "Little Way" each day.

Amen.

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>*to be said everyday as concluding prayer to the novena

"My actions, my little sufferings, can make God loved all over the world."

St. Therese of Lisieux

</span>

littleflower+JMJ

"I want to spend My Heaven

doing good on earth."

--St. Therese, the Little Flower

favpicture-sttheresej.jpg

First Day

St. Thérèse, privileged Little Flower of Jesus and Mary, I approach you with childlike confidence and deep humility. I lay before you my desires, and beg that through your intercession they may be realized. Did you not promise to spend your heaven doing good upon earth? Grant me according to this promise the favors I am asking from you.

Intercede for us all the days of our life, but specially during this Novena and obtain for us from God the graces and favors we ask through your intercession. Amen.

Thought for the day: Confidence in God. We can never have too much confidence in the good God who is so powerful and so merciful. We obtain from Him as much as we hope for.

If you are nothing, do you forget that Jesus is everything? You have only to lose your nothingness in His Infinity and think only of loving Him.

Concluding Prayer

ask God today to grant the favors

I thee implore, and tell him I'll love him each day more and more.

St. Therese, help me to always believe,

as you did, in God's great love for me

Amen.

rose8t.gif

littleflower+JMJ

collage.jpg

Second Day

O dear little Saint, now that you see the crucified Jesus in heaven, still bearing the wounds caused by sin, you know still more clearly than you did upon earth the value of souls, and the priceless worth of that Precious Blood which He shed to save them. As I am one of those children for whom Christ died, obtain for me all the graces I need in order to profit by that Precious Blood. Use your great power with our divine Lord and pray for me.

Intercede for us all the days of our life, but especially during this Novena and obtain for us from God the graces and favors we ask through your intercession. Amen.

Thought for the day: Sin. The only grace I ask, O Jesus, is never to offend Thee.

By love and not by fear, does a soul avoid committing the least fault.

Yes, even if I have on my conscience every possible crime, I should lose none of my confidence; my heart breaking with sorrow, I should go and throw myself into the arms of my Savior.

The remembrance of my faults humbles me and makes me afraid to rely on my own strength, which is nothing but weakness.

Concluding Prayer

Little Flower Novena

Prayers to be said each day:

Come Holy Spirit and fill the hearts of the faithful, and kindle in them the fire of divine love.

V. Send forth Your Spirit and they shall be created.

R. And You shall renew the face of the earth.

Let us pray: O God, who have instructed the hearts of the faithful by the light of the Holy Spirit; grant that by the gift of the same Spirit, we may be ever truly wise and rejoice in His consolation, through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Acts of Faith, Hope, and Love: O my God! I believe in Thee: strengthen my faith. All my hopes are in Thee: do Thou secure them. I love Thee: teach me to love Thee daily more and more.

The Act of Contrition: O my God! I am heartily sorry for having offended You, and I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell, but most of all because they offend You, my God, who are all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Your grace, to confess my sins, to do penance , and to amend my life. Amen.

Concluding Prayer Prayed Each Day:

O Lord, You have said: Unless you become as little children you shall not enter the kingdom of heaven; grant us, we beg You, so to follow, in humility and simplicity of heart, the footsteps of the Virgin blessed Thérèse, that we may attain to an everlasting reward. Amen.

ask God today to grant the favors

I thee implore, and tell him I'll love him each day more and more.

St. Therese, help me to always believe,

as you did, in God's great love for me

Amen.

Miracles do happen. This is taken from the Theresemovie website from a person who already has had a miracle and shared with us. Thought I'd share! B)

One of my friends called me one evening saying she needed to talk to me. I was however not going to be able to get together with her for at least a week,and told her we would have lunch in a few weeks,because I had so mnay other obligations. During this conversation ,she did NOT convey any urgency or problem to me,so I felt quite confident that lunch in a few weeks would be okay.She simply asked that if I got a chance before that to call her. Here the miracle begins.The very next morning,my big committment for that day was cancelled. Something told me to call "Mary" and see if she was free that morning. She was and came to my house at 11:00 AM. As we sat together she told me that she wanted to tell me goodbye. She said her life was not worth living. She lived with her elderly and ill mother.She had no love in her life,and saw no reason to continue. She is a nurse,and when I suggested counseling,she informed me that she had just been released from The Cleveland Clinic's depression unit the week before where she had undergone electroshock therapy,counseling and was taking many medications.They did not help and she actually had planned how she was going to kill herself. I knew this was a real red flag,and wracked my brain to help her. Then,the thought of St. Therese came to me. Although Mary is not Catholic,I told her about Our Little Flower and the miracle of the roses.I gave her a prayer card and asked her if she would reconsider her decision for 9 more days,because we would begin a novena together.I told her if she received roses in the 9 days,that it would be a message from God that she inDouche had a reason to live. Mary agreed but scoffed ,"No one has ever given me a rose in my entire life " I assured her that if she just waited she would receive one. And not from me because that would be cheating ! She left my house after we had said the prayer together about 2 hours later.About 30 minutes later,my phone rang. it was Mary and she was crying so that I could barely understand her.It seems that in the few short hours she was gone,her mother's elderly cousin had decided to pay a surprise visit because her young neighbor Julia had the day off and agreed to drive her the 50 miles to see Mary's mother.They arrived just shortly after Mary had come to see me. Leaving the 2 elderly cousins to chat,Julia said she was going to do some shopping.As Mary pulled into her driveway upon returning from my home,Julia pulled in right behind her.As both women got out of their cars,Julia reached in to hers and handed Mary a dozen red roses. She said "Your mom told us you had not been feeling well,so I got you these while I was shopping. I thought they would cheer you up !Needless to say,Mary did not committ suicide. in fact,she went back to work and now a year later,has been able to go off all her medication. She is also enjoying her first romance with a wonderful man who treasures her. She also has promoted the devotion to St. Therese !

littleflower is having computer problems (so is EWTN where she got the novena from), so she asked me to post Day 3. Here it is:

Third Day

Dear Little Flower, make all things lead me to heaven and God, Whether I look at the sun, the moon, the stars and the vast expanse in which they float, or whether I look at the flowers of the field, the trees of the forest, the beauties of the earth so full of color and so glorious, may they speak to me of the love and power of God; may they all sing His praises in my ear. Like you may I daily love Him more and more in return for His gifts. Teach me often to deny myself in my dealings with others, that I may offer to Jesus many little sacrifices.

Intercede for us all the days of our life, but especially during this Novena and obtain for us from God the graces and favors we ask through your intercession. Amen.

Thought for the day: The Use of God´s Gifts. How much benefit have I received from the beauties of nature, bestowed in such abundance. How they raise me to Him who placed such wonders in this land of exile which is only to last a day.

O sparkling nature, if I did not see God in you, you would be naught but a great tomb.

With your little hand which caresses Mary, You sustain the universe and bestow life; and You think of me, O Jesus my little King.

I do not wish creatures to have one atom of my love. I wish to give all to Jesus, since He has shown me that He alone is perfect happiness.

Concluding Prayer:

O Lord, You have said: Unless you become as little children you shall not enter the kingdom of heaven; grant us, we beg You, so to follow, in humility and simplicity of heart, the footsteps of the Virgin blessed Thérèse, that we may attain to an everlasting reward. Amen.

Prayers To Be Said Each Day:

Come Holy Spirit and fill the hearts of the faithful, and kindle in them the fire of divine love.

V. Send forth Your Spirit and they shall be created.

R. And You shall renew the face of the earth.

Let us pray: O God, who have instructed the hearts of the faithful by the light of the Holy Spirit; grant that by the gift of the same Spirit, we may be ever truly wise and rejoice in His consolation, through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Acts of Faith, Hope, and Love: O my God! I believe in Thee: strengthen my faith. All my hopes are in Thee: do Thou secure them. I love Thee: teach me to love Thee daily more and more.

The Act of Contrition: O my God! I am heartily sorry for having offended You, and I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell, but most of all because they offend You, my God, who are all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Your grace, to confess my sins, to do penance , and to amend my life. Amen.

littleflower, if EWTN keeps giving you problems, try http://www.medjugorje.org/littleflowernovena.htm

Peace all and God Bless,

Willguy

Prayed....thought of her throughout the day.....my history teacher thought of teaching us ART history for some random reason today....(he hates art....), and guess which painting he choose out of thousands?? The Birth of Venus....i was bored until he said something about roses.....he told us to look in the background....there it was, a shower of roses!!!! They represented some ancient roman symbol, but still....A SHOWER OF ROSES!!!!!!!!!!

The first roses arew being received! I think Therese is telling us something.... :P

This is so cool,

Saint Therese, pray for us!!

littleflower+JMJ

Fourth Day

sttherese.jpg

Dear Little Flower of Carmel, bearing so patiently the disappointments and delays allowed by God, and preserving in the depths of your soul an unchanging peace because you sought only God´s will, ask for me complete conformity to that adorable Will in all the trials and disappointments of life. If the favors I am asking during this Novena are pleasing to God, obtain them for me. If not, it is true I shall feel the refusal keenly, but I too wish only God´s Will, and pray in the words you used, that I "may ever be perfectly fulfilled in me."

Thought for the day: Abandonment to God. I fear only one thing---to keep my own will; take it, my God, for I choose all that You choose.

The only happiness here below is to strive to be always content with what Jesus gives us.

I can demand nothing with fervor, except the perfect accomplishment of God´s will in my soul.

O my Beloved, I offer myself to You, that You may perfectly accomplish in me Your holy designs, and I will not allow anything created to be an obstacle in their path.

Concluding Prayer:

O Lord, You have said: Unless you become as little children you shall not enter the kingdom of heaven; grant us, we beg You, so to follow, in humility and simplicity of heart, the footsteps of the Virgin blessed Thérèse, that we may attain to an everlasting reward. Amen.rose.jpg

Thought for the day: Abandonment to God. I fear only one thing---to keep my own will; take it, my God, for I choose all that You choose.

What an amazing thought that is!!! It reminded me of one of my favorite prayers by St. Ignatius of Loyola:

Lord Jesus Christ, take my freedom, my memory, my understanding, and my will. All that I have an cherish you have given to me. I surrender it all to be guided by your will. Your love and your grace are wealth enough for me. Give me only these things, Lord Jesus, and I shall ask for nothing more.

This is my desire!!!

littleflower+JMJ

Fifth Day

Little Flower of Jesus, from the very first moment of your religious life you thought only of denying yourself in all things so as to follow Jesus more perfectly; help me to bear patiently the trials of my daily life. Teach me to make use of the trials, the sufferings, the humiliations, that come my way, to learn to know myself better and to love God more.

Thought for the day: Patience in Sufferings. I do not fear trials sent by Jesus, for even in the most bitter suffering we can see that it is His loving hand which causes it.

When we are expecting nothing but suffering, we are quite surprised at the least joy; but then suffering itself becomes the greatest of joys when we seek it as a precious treasure.

Far from resembling those beautiful saints who practiced all sorts of austerities from childhood, my penance consisted in breaking my self-will, in keeping back a sharp reply, in doing little kindnesses to those about me, but considering these deeds as nothing.

Concluding Prayer

death.jpg