An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Therese Novena

littleflower+JMJ

littleflower+JMJ

http://www.ewtn.com/therese/therese.htm

check out ewtn.com's homepage it has st.therese and her bio.

http://www.ewtn.com/therese/therese1.htm

"As I grew older, my love of God grew more and more, and I frequently offered Him my heart, using the words Mamma had taught me: O my God, I give You my heart: take it, I beseech You, so that no creature might ever possess it but You alone, O my sweet Jesus."

--st. therese"

wow; littleflower! Thanks; these are so amesome! :D Praise God!!! btw-has anyone else recieved roses? We should pray in thanksgiving for Vera's, and for everyone who gets them.

BUMP!!

BUMP!!!!

Sarah

The roses don't pop out at you, you have to think about god throughout the day, and then you'll start seeing them in ordinary things!! believe me, i know! ;) :P

littleflower+JMJ

thanks guys! lets keep it up!

also pray for Good Friday's grandmothe who is near her deathbed. shes very ill and the doctors don't give her much time left.

lets pray that st. therese may help her and shower her with blessings and love.

lets pray for her in this very special novena.

+JMJ

also pray for Good Friday's grandmothe who is near her deathbed. shes very ill and the doctors don't give her much time left.

lets pray that st. therese may help her and shower her with blessings and love.

lets pray for her in this very special novena.

Amen.

littleflower+JMJ

ST. therese Pray for us!!

:wub: :wub: :wub:

during this special novena rigth before your feastday i ask help especially for my school. st. therese, i ask for help this semester. and will try to trust like you did in God and having faith that God will always be there. beginning and end.

littleflower+JMJ

so that all of us praying and striving to know our vocation may be guided to serve God as we are called to be.

for all vocations, for all priests, nuns and laity, especially Our Holy Father, Pope John Paul II.

St. therese, Pray for us! k9620-1i.jpg

littleflower+JMJ

Sixth Day rosered1.gif

St. Thérèse, Patroness of the Missions, be a great missionary throughout the world to the end of time. Remind our Master of His own words, "The harvest is great, but the laborers are few." Your zeal for souls was so great, obtain a like zeal for those now working for souls, and beg God to multiply their numbers, that the millions to whom Jesus is yet unknown may be brought to know, love and follow Him.

Intercede for us all the days of our life, but especially during this Novena and obtain for us from God the graces and favors we ask through your intercession. Amen.

Thought for the day: Zeal for souls. Let us work together for the salvation of souls. We have only the day of this life to save souls and to give them to the Lord as proofs of our love.

I tell Jesus that I am glad not to be able to see, with the eyes of my soul, this beautiful heaven which awaits me, in order that He may vouchsafe to open it forever to poor unbelievers.

I cannot perform brilliant works; I cannot preach the Gospel or shed my blood. But what matter? My brothers work in place of me, and I a little child, keep very close to the royal throne. I love for those who are carrying on the warfare.

My deeds, my little sufferings, can make God loved all over the world."--St. therese

dozen_red_roses_expand_vase_md_wht.gifsttherese3.jpg

Concluding Prayer

Today is the 6th day.....St. Therese's fest day is coming closer...YAY!!

Is anyone doing anything special on her feast day?? (Special Mass or something....)

littleflower+JMJ

Seventh Day

rosered1.gif

O little martyr of Love, you know now even better than in the days of your pilgrimage that Love embraces all vocations; that it is Love alone which counts, which unites us perfectly to God and conforms our will with His. All you sought on earth was love; to love Jesus as He had never yet been loved. Use your power in heaven to make us love Him. If only we love Him we shall desire to make Him loved by others; we shall pray much for souls. We shall no longer fear death, for it will unite us to Him forever. Obtain for us the grace to do all for the love of God, to give Him pleasure, to love Him so well that He may be pleased with us as He was with you.

Intercede for us all the days of our life, but especially during this Novena and obtain for us from God the graces and favors we ask through your intercession. Amen.

Thought for the day: Love of God. I will love God alone and will not have the misfortune of attaching myself to creatures, now that my heart perceive what He has in store for those who love Him.

What attracts me to the kingdom of Heaven is the call of our Lord, the hope of loving Him as I have so desired and the thought that I shall be able to make Him loved by a great number of souls who will bless Him forever.

When Christ said, "Give Me a Drink," it was the love of His poor creatures that He, the Creator of all things, desired. He thirsted for love.

Remember that the dear Jesus is there in the tabernacle expressly for you, for you alone. Remember that He is consumed with a desire to come into your heart.

Concluding Prayer