An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Therese Novena

littleflower+JMJ

Concluding Prayer Prayed Each Day:

O Lord, You have said: Unless you become as little children you shall not enter the kingdom of heaven; grant us, we beg You, so to follow, in humility and simplicity of heart, the footsteps of the Virgin blessed Thérèse, that we may attain to an everlasting reward. Amen.

O Little Therese of the Child Jesus,

please pick for me a rose from the heavenly gardens

and send it to me as a message of love.

O Little Flower of Jesus,

ask God today to grant the favors

I thee implore, and tell him I'll love him each day more and more.

St. Therese, help me to always believe,

as you did, in God's great love for me

so that I might imitate your "Little Way" each day.

Amen.

wOOt!! I'm getting excited!! My internet has been down for TWO DAYS, so I've had to pray my own prayers, but this is definately some powerful stuff! I think I'll try to have a special prayer prayed at my youth group on her feastday-WED-so that even more people pray!

St. Therese, PRAY FOR US!!!!!

oh yeah, BUMP!

2 days left (actually, only about 1 as its almost midnight). I can smell the roses now :D . Also ya'll, I'm gonna be doin a novena to Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Oct. 2 - 10 (as the feast of OLotMHR is the 7th. yeah, it'd be nice to have it end on the seventh, but I didn't want to compete with this novena). So get your beads ready, cause the roses gonna keep coming. WHAT WHAT?!?!

Peace all and God Bless,

Willguy

littleflower+JMJ

Eighth Day

Dear St. Thérèse, like you I have to die one day. I beseech you, obtain from God, by reminding Him of your own precious death, that I may have a holy death, strengthened by the Sacraments of the Church, entirely resigned to the most holy Will of God, and burning with love for Him. May my last words on earth be, "My God. I love You."

Intercede for us all the days of our life, but especially during this Novena and obtain for us from God the graces and favors we ask through your intercession. Amen.

Thought for the day: Death. It says in the catechism that death is nothing but the separation of the soul and body. Well, I have no fear of a separation which will unite me forever with the good God.

I am happy to die because I shall be able to help souls who are dear to me, far more than I can here below.

Life is not sad; it is very joyous. If you say, "This exile is sad," I understand you. We are wrong to give the name "life" to something which will end; it is only to the things of Heaven that we should apply this beautiful name.

Concluding Prayer

littleflower+JMJ

2 days left (actually, only about 1 as its almost midnight).  I can smell the roses now :D .  Also ya'll, I'm gonna be doin a novena to Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Oct. 2 - 10 (as the feast of OLotMHR is the 7th.  yeah, it'd be nice to have it end on the seventh, but I didn't want to compete with this novena).  So get your beads ready, cause the roses gonna keep coming.  WHAT WHAT?!?!

Peace all and God Bless,

Willguy

oh yeah willguy! i hear you!!

this is IT Ladies and Gentlemen!

the time we've all been waiting for!!!

its SO close but yet stil far away.

i want to thank you guys/gals who joined and prayed this novena these past couple of days.

God bless and thank you!

+JMJ

i started really late but im still usin this thread to keep it up

i'm on day 3

BUMP (i shall continue to bump this while i use it; even when ure all done :P )

littleflower+JMJ

Ninth Day k9620-1i.jpg

Dear Little St. Thérèse, by love and suffering while you were on earth, you won the power with God which you now enjoy in heaven. Since your life there began, you have showered down countless blessings on this poor world; you have been an instrument made use of by your divine Spouse to work countless miracles. I beg of you to remember all my wants. Sufferings must come to me also, may I use them to love God more, and follow my Jesus better. You are especially the little missionary of love. Make me love Jesus more, and all others for His sake. With all my heart I thank the most Holy Trinity for the wonderful blessings conferred on you, and upon the world through you.

Intercede for us all the days of our life, but especially during this Novena and obtain for us from God the graces and favors we ask through your intercession. Amen.

Thought for the day: The Mission of the Little Flower. I do not intend to remain inactive in Heaven. I want to work for the Church and for souls. I have asked this of God and I am certain that He will grant my request.

I will spend my Heaven doing good upon earth. This is not impossible, since the angels though always enjoying the beatific vision, watch over us. No, I cannot be at rest until the end of the world.

I beseech Thee, O Jesus, to cast Thy divine glance on a great number of little souls. I beg of Thee to choose in this world a legion of little victims, worthy of Thy Love.

Concluding Prayer

O Lord, You have said: Unless you become as little children you shall not enter the kingdom of heaven; grant us, we beg You, so to follow, in humility and simplicity of heart, the footsteps of the Virgin blessed Thérèse, that we may attain to an everlasting reward. Amen.

YEYEYEE!! HAPPY ST. THERESE FEAST-DAY!! I thought the 'still working for souls in heaven' part of today's prayer reeally co B) ol--that means St. Therese wanted the job we gave her!!

St. Therese, PRAY FOR US, now and forever!!

Jesus IS Life! :D