An Old School Catholic Message Board

Person Most Likely To ...........

StColette

[quote name='Raphael' date='Sep 20 2004, 08:27 PM'] I wouldn't hurt Jen in a million years.

Considering that she's the easiest stalking target I've ever had.

:lol:

Jen will get the joke... [/quote]
rofl !!!!!!!!!!! hehe awww Micah a good laugh after a hard day ^_^

Micah most likely to be the only stalker I'm not afraid of ;)

[quote name='Raphael' date='Sep 19 2004, 11:36 PM'] Yes you do, lol.

The pope is a bishop and a bishop is a priest. [/quote]
They recently had the Vatican Exhibit here in houston at the museum of Natural Science. It was very cool...They had lots of relics from popes past and kewl jewelry and vestments...al kids of sutff. but at one point in the tour they said that Any Catholic Male was eligable for the papacy. Now the odds that a lay person would be chosen to be pope are highly unlikely (i think) but according to the vatican people it is entirely possible.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Scofizzle' date='Sep 21 2004, 01:03 AM'] They recently had the Vatican Exhibit here in houston at the museum of Natural Science. It was very cool...They had lots of relics from popes past and kewl jewelry and vestments...al kids of sutff. but at one point in the tour they said that Any Catholic Male was eligable for the papacy. Now the odds that a lay person would be chosen to be pope are highly unlikely (i think) but according to the vatican people it is entirely possible. [/quote]
Okay, Jen found out that this is true (*round of applause*), but I would imagine that after the election before the coronation, the man would have to be ordained a priest and a bishop, thus keeping a layman off the throne, but allowing one to be elected.

I've asked EWTN and I'll let you know when we get an answer.

Thy Geekdom Come

I got our answer from EWTN.

[url="http://ewtn.com/vexperts/showmessage.asp?Pgnu=1&Pg=Forum9&recnu=9&number=412156"]Ability to Become Pope[/url]