An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Worthy To Recieve You?

Paladin D

Wow, I am very impressed.

Thanks for the wonderful post, warrior.

That part of the Liturgy is one of my favorites, I couldn't imagine changing it around like that.

That is one of my most favorite prayers in the MASS...

"Lord, I am NOT worthy to receive You..."

Acknowledging that my Sin is an intricate part to the SINS Jesus carried upon Himself that tormented and nailed Him to the Cross.

"...BUT - Only SAY 'The WORD'...."

Acknowledging it is only through consent of Christ and His grant of grace to forgive me.

...And I SHALL BE HEALED!"

Acknowledging His Lordship upon my life. Not to take my life so seriously, and be so hung up on my short-comings and faults. To accept His free Gift to reconcile and redeem my life through His. To live a life filled by the Father's Love, Christ's passionate redemption & a New Life empowered by & in the Holy Spirit!

"Lord I am NOT worthy to receive You, but only say the Word, and I shall be healed!"

-Soul Man

Guest shootidunno

Soul Man, you used a very important word

GRACE

Romans 5:8 But God shows his love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.

Grace was once defined to me as a gift that is not deserved. While salvation is not guaranteed for us, it is offered to us freely, and that is more than we deserve. Christ's sacrifice was given to us, and no one on this earth has earned such a gift. No one is worthy to receive the body and blood of Jesus Christ, yet he gave his life for us, and that is grace.

In the immortal words of Wayne and Garth: "We're not worthy! We're scum! We smell of elderberries!"

Pal D, I can understand what your mom is saying. But I just can't agree with it. We all sin, and so by the simple concept of being a human being and a sinner means we are not worthy to recieve Christ.

We are inDouche children of God, and Jesus does love us--but we are ever striving to be worthy to truly recieve Him.

trust in Him,

~TF~